Over three-million individuals suffer from some form of foot pain or discomfort annually. Unfortunately, this number continues to rise. Plantar fasciitis and other severe foot conditions can be corrected, even eliminated by simply wearing the right pair of shoes.
There remains no reasoning for living with foot pain when wearing the right shoes has a proven record for the alleviation of the vast majority of foot conditions. You want the best possible life for your family, but the time has come to do something about your continual daily foot pain.
Through careful consideration, the Orthofeet Plantar Fasciitis Men’s Dress Shoes comes highly recommended. With superior quality, these are undoubtedly the best dress shoes for plantar fasciitis foot pain.
The shoes outlined in this review are designed and manufactured to aid in many forms of foot pain. Review these shoes closely and start living a pain-free life.
Best Dress Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
1. Orthofeet Plantar Fasciitis Men’s Dress Shoes
These men’s shoes feature anatomical arch support with a non-binding relaxed fit. These men’s dress shoes are a perfect fit for hectic business meetings all day and after-hours social events.
Premium orthotic insoles with perfected cushioning outer sole soften each step, enhance stability, and maintain your natural foot motion. Heel pad conforms to the shape of your feet as you walk, relieving pain throughout your feet, up to the knees, hips, and lower back.
These shoes remain very soft with a non-binding upper that features an extra depth design with a wider toe box. Working in conjunction with this wider toe box, the soft, seam-free interior lining with padded foam, dramatically reduces pressure on your feet, providing superior comfort levels.
- Gel padding under the heel of these dress shoes is not only supportive but extremely comfortable
- Ergonomic sole with air cushioning works very well with the gel padding in the heel to keep your feet relaxed and pressure-free
- Orthotic insoles included with every shoe
- Perfect styling from the boardroom to business lunches
- Very affordable with features that help to relieve foot discomfort and pain
- Outer soles are not slip-resistant as proclaimed
- Shoes begin to “squeak” after a few weeks of wear
- Shoes show poor quality “cracking” after a few months
This is only the beginning in your search for plantar fasciitis shoes. See what others are saying about the next shoes.
2. Vionic Women’s Spark Caroll Ballet Flat
Ladies suffering from many forms of plantar fasciitis your prayers are answered! Stop looking for the right shoes to match any styling and take a good look at these shoes that offer the support and appealing looks that will keep you comfortable all day.
These shoes provide you options with either full or novelty leather uppers conforming to the latest in trending styles and colors. These shoes feature a gentle, soft satin elastic topline with crossover detail at the toe cap making these shoes one of your favorites.
Forget about looking for that perfect pair of shoes that never offer your feet the support needed. Slip-on these flats and feel the immediate difference. These shoes remain stylish with that perfect transition from office to evening wear without changing.
The casual-chic flat styling of these shoes can be worn all year long and never go out of style. Available in six, must-have affordable colors, these low-profile flats with supportive arches are a perfect addition to your active lifestyle.
- Lightweight, breathable construction perfect for the office or casual events
- Shoes have a sock-like fit with addictive contoured support
- Deep heel cup provides excellent stability with a firm yet flexible midsole
- Innovative support technology is discreetly hidden
- Biomechanical footbed remains supportive and comfortable
- Heels of shoes wear out faster than expected
- Overall quality needs improvement
- Sizing of shoes run narrow
Be sure to check out other women’s shoes for plantar fasciitis that follow.
3. Dansko Women’s Loralie Mary Jane Flat
Make Monday or any day stylish again with these premiere women’s shoes. Retain good looks no matter where you wear them. These shoes offer specialized styling providing the support needed and required for sore and aching feet from many forms of plantar fasciitis.
These women’s shoes feature a hidden wedge heel that elevates your style to new levels yet reveal no heel elevation on the exterior. Discover a high heel effect while wearing these shoes without the cost of the more traditional cost of expensive high heels.
The removable, specialized footbed of these shoes includes a molded TRU arch support with memory foam for an increased comfort level. Tuckboard with an additional layer of latex foam surrounds your feet in comfort levels not found on similar models.
Leather-covered wedge features an adjustable elasticized adjustable strap that adds to the fashionable look of these shoes. Padded heel strike protects your heels from blisters and other abrasions. The rubber outsole is long-wearing with superior traction on all surfaces.
- Leather uppers are comfortable, supportive and abrasion-resistant
- Smooth, breathable linings will keep your feet comfortable all-day
- Durable and flexible upper crepe long-wearing outsole
- Molded stitch welt on the outsole for a longer durability factor
- Available in your choice of popular fashionable colors
- No padding on the top section of these shoes
- Shoes require some period of break-in
- Leather is too stiff and rubs on feet
Affordable shoes that will not disappoint. Look at what these other shoes offer before making a final decision.
4. Rockport Men’s World Tour Classic
There are times when just looking at the appearance of a shoe will often present the true overall quality built-in. Such is the case of these men’s classic shoes. Every aspect of these shoes is hand-selected to produce the most comfortable men’s footwear available today.
Size is often a significant deterrent when buying shoes online. Not with these shoes. The sizes and designs of these shoes include a customization feature to match the unique shape of all feet. Extended sizes and widths include narrow, wide, and extra wide for that perfect guaranteed fit.
These shoes are easy-to-clean with full grain soft, durable leather that conforms to the shape of your feet with excellent support.
Made from high-quality leather using only the best in materials is what makes these casual men’s walking shoes stand apart from all others. These shoes remain very affordable and practical for work or casual events.
- Advanced cushioning characteristics for total relaxation of feet
- Specially designed sole keeps feet stable on all surfaces
- Available in nine unique and exciting colors and layouts
- Shoes provide more room for feet and toes to expand
- Breathable polyurethane footbed for moisture and odor control
- The tongue is shorter than previous models which are annoying
- Recently released models are very stiff in comparison to identical former shoes
- Overall quality appears to be diminishing to concerning levels
There are a few more shoes that remain in this review with features that might draw your interest.
5. Vionic Men’s Astor Preston Loafer
These slip-on men’s loafers emulate a professional appearance. These superior crafted premium loafers feature an understated edge with twin gore panels. Perfect for work or the weekend, these shoes will keep you comfortable, relaxed, supported, and pain-free.
Say goodbye to shoes for plantar fasciitis that has a hospital resemblance. These shoes offer concealed hidden features designed for various stages of many severe foot conditions. Experience the podiatrist-designed footbed built into every pair for ultimate comfort.
These shoes relieve overpronation and the everyday aches and pains of varying degrees of plantar fasciitis, more importantly, heel pain. These shoes offer superior orthotic support and pain relief to realign your feet, keeping them in your natural walking position.
These well-made shoes give the classic driving moc a makeover with water-resistance and an improved rubber outsole for traction with increased durability.
- Removable leather-covered EVA footbed for adjustable comfort levels
- Biomechanical technology for the reduction of heel pain
- Excellent support with classic professional slip-on styling
- Everyday, straightforward styling that works well with all business attire from suits to jeans
- Affordable and available in two business colors, black or brown
- Stitching at toe area came loose very quickly
- Shoes require a rather lengthy break-in period
- Diminishing overall disappointing, poor quality
If this shoe is not right for you, take a look at the following remaining shoes.
6. Clarks Men’s Broyd Walk Oxford
The classic styling of Oxford has remained a staple in the footwear industry for decades. With sophisticated looks, these shoes remain a favorite of all professionals that meet and exceed all mandated clothing requirements.
Comprised of Goodyear welt construction with a full-grain upper, these dress shoes is personification taken to a new level. Classic wingtip styling brought forward for over one-hundred years makes these shoes a great fit for work or socialization after work.
The leather outsole of these shoes is very durable, easy to clean, and abrasion-resistant. Featuring a soft black upper with slightly polished detailing, the slim sole of these shoes combines a leather welt and a stacked heel for support, stability and overall extreme comfort levels.
Dress up or dress down, the styling of these shoes is timeless and will forever be a part of the legacy throughout the footwear industry.
- Cushion soft padding with a breathable footbed
- Delivers lost lasting comfort with minimal compression on toes
- Removable footbed allows for room for customized orthotic inserts
- Steel shank for increased arch support while walking or standing
- Affordable and available in three premium colors suitable for all occasions
- Water seeps into the shoes through the outsoles during wet conditions
- Construction quality is less than expected from a shoe known for superior quality
- Shoes tend to run small in size
Classic styling that lives on Just a few more remaining. One of these shoes might be just the right one.
7. Dunham Men’s Bryce Oxford
Here is another Oxford styled shoe that deserves a second look. These shoes are built with technology designed explicitly around those afflicted with the many pain degrees and discomfort of plantar fasciitis.
Wear these shoes for any occasion from formal to casual. The full-grain leather silhouette of these shoes exemplifies the true quality that has associated the classic look of oxfords for centuries.
These Oxford shoes feature shoelace tabs attached under the vamp, hence the term “closed lacing.” Initially designed for formal occasions, these Oxfords remain suitable for the office or a late dinner with that special someone.
The lace-up design is adjustable for a fit that is preferred. Breathable textile lining is smooth, wrinkle-free, and remains in place with no tears or slipping. The foam insole of these shoes is adequate with ultra-lightweight flexibility.
- Removable footbed with foam technology and an EVA heel cup
- Increased ground contact EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) for enhanced shock absorption
- Available in extended sizes and widths for a more comfortable and secure fit
- Doctor recommended shoes for plantar fasciitis
- Available in black or brown at a very reasonable price
- The ankle collar of these shoes is taller than it needs to be
- Forefoot sole material of these shoes never conforms to the foot shape
- Leather heel trim ripped after only a few months of wear
Only one more shoe left in this review. It may be the one you are looking for!
8. Orthofeet Chelsea – Black
Attention all Ladies!! If you are currently suffering from any form of foot pain, including plantar fasciitis, you will want to read this review very carefully. These shoes are proven to relieve continual foot pain with features you will not find on any other similar featured shoe, anywhere.
The extra room in the toe of these shoes provides the maximum protection against all pressure points on your feet. The anatomical orthotic and ergonomic insoles of these diabetic shoes provide soothing comfort, relaxing all painful areas of your feet.
These shoes are worn by many professional women who must remain on their feet for the majority of the day. From nurses to busy office staff, these shoes are definite must-have shoes for foot pain. Multiple cushioning layers helps to improve leg and foot alignment when worn.
Relieve the stress on your feet, ball of the feet, knees, hips, and back and experience what it feels like to walk without pain and foot discomfort not only today but every day.
- The extra-depth design allows more room and a comfortable fit
- Lightweight cushioning design softens each step
- Soft, seam-free lining reduces friction against bare feet
- The easy slip-on design is ideal for active women that are continually on the go
- Two-way adjustable strap system on either side of these shoes for that perfect fit
- Enlarged heel slips up and down with every step
- These shoes are not for a woman with small ankles
- Shoes tend to fit very loose and wide
Stop the pain and suffering from plantar fasciitis or other severe foot conditions today. Step into shoes that are designed to alleviate foot pain and discomfort and discover the pain-free life that has been waiting for you.
What to Look For Before Buying Dress Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
There is more attention given to styling than any other aspect in selecting proper footwear. Styling often overshadows the real reason for choosing footwear designed for a variety of uses. Consider less styling with more support and features when selecting shoes for plantar fasciitis.
The best men’s shoes for plantar fasciitis often appear to be very similar in styling for those without this foot condition.
Not only outside, but there are also many supportive house shoes to wear for a foot condition. You might be like our review about slippers for plantar fasciitis to keep away foot pain.
It offer a firm slightly elevated heel counter. The proper shoes reduce stress and additional weight on the Achilles tendon, which is attached to the heel bone.
There are three main categories of arch support for shoes, neutral pronation (normal arch), overpronation (high arch) and under pronation or supination (a low arch or flat feet). Determine your type of arch before looking for appropriate shoes.
Deep Heel cup
The shoes should have increased padding at the heel to assist in the heel while running. A deep heel cup helps by correcting your feet under normal walking conditions. Deep heel cups realign your feet and legs to the appropriate position.
A deep heel cup surrounds the ligaments in your feet, keeping them in the normal position with reduced strain, preventing the collapse of the arches.
Shoes for plantar fasciitis should have to cushion that conforms to the shape of your feet. Cushioning in the sole area of your shoes is the minimum for the desired comfort level.
Concentrating on the only comfort on the bottom of your feet is only a starting point. Neglecting to select the proper shoes that provide “whole” shoe comfort is a common mistake made by many plantar fasciitis suffers. Look at the “whole” picture, not just one frame.
Comfort is a term categorized by many to have many different definitions. One person’s comfortable shoes may be very painful for another.
Overall, body weight and composition are only one of many factors to be considered when looking for foot comfort. Degree of current pain in your feet is another. Finding the most comfortable shoe that fits your degree of pain is often a “trial and error period” that requires patience.
Insoles of the leading footwear continue to undergo dramatic changes to compensate for a more active consumer base. Decreasing the impact on the soles of your feet will help to reduce escalating pain.
Insoles for plantar fasciitis may require specialized inserts to protect not only the insoles of your feet but the entire foot area. Removable footbeds allow for the insertion of orthotic insoles designed and recommended by a qualified podiatrist may be worth a second look.
Flexibility remains extremely important when selecting shoes for plantar fasciitis. Rigid shoes do not offer the freedom of movement when your feet need to move. Stiff shoes lead to additional foot pain with increased fatigue.
Your plantar fasciitis shoes should be flexible but not overly flexible. Shoes with uppers that collapse when taken off are probably not going to be your good selection.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Q. What are the best shoes for plantar fasciitis?
A. There are many forms of plantar fasciitis from mild to severe. Seeking medical advice before making any decisions regarding foot pain is always recommended. Look for the best dress shoes for plantar fasciitis that have the appropriate arch support.
Good plantar fasciitis shoes should also have a broader heel base for shock absorption with a deep heel cup needed for the insertion of specialized orthotic inserts. Heels should have no more than two to three inches in height. Flat heels are the most widely recommended.
Q. What is the Difference between loafers and slip-on?
A. These are specially styled shoes which contain no laces and slip on and off the foot with relative ease. Usually, these shoes have a smaller heel and, in some styles, there are no heels.
With no laces to tie, these shoes are considered to be very comfortable. There is no considerable difference between loafers and slip-on, but loafers are also one of the categories of slip-on shoes.
Q. Does plantar fasciitis ever go away?
A. The bad news is that some people may never fully recover from plantar fasciitis, depending on the severity of their present foot condition, foot anatomy, and treatment they’re following. Adequate treatment by a qualified physician and rest is the best solution.
Plantar fasciitis is more common than one would think. Although painful, wearing the correct shoes is a proven remedy in the alleviation of pain and discomfort. Unfortunately, it may take weeks, months, or even years for the proper healing.
Q. How can someone prevent plantar fasciitis?
A. It remains imperative to take steps to prevent future injury, especially if you are prone to plantar fasciitis. Visit a specialty store for shoes that support the arches of your feet and provide enough cushion for your heel.
Exercises that strengthen your legs and ankles, and Achilles tendon stretches, will help strengthen foot ligaments. Overexertion of your feet from intense exercise or standing on your feet for prolonged hours at a time are often directly related to plantar fasciitis.
Q. Do Orthofeet shoe help with plantar fasciitis?
A. Orthofeet shoes often feature a premium, orthotic insole with anatomical arch support that helps to prevent overpronation. These shoes are usually designed and engineered by specialists in the footwear industry with years of experience.
Orthofeet shoes may not be a perfect match for all plantar fasciitis suffers, however, provide additional padding under the heel for extra comfort which relieves additional pressure on the heel.
Heel spurs usually are one of the leading causes of plantar fasciitis. Using appropriate shoes can lessen heel spurs pain.
Over 3-million individuals are diagnosed with plantar fasciitis annually. The most common cure for this crippling foot condition is common sense, awareness of possible deteriorating foot conditions, and wearing the appropriate footwear.
There are many reasons and causes of plantar fasciitis. The most common cause for this foot condition is overexertion of your feet while wearing inappropriate footwear. Gradually developing over time, plantar fasciitis may elevate to levels of additional chronic pain.
Overweight individuals have a higher risk of plantar fasciitis. Long-distance runners, as well as a very active employment position, are also susceptible to this severe foot condition.
One out of ten individuals will experience some form of plantar fasciitis in their lifetime. Gradual changes to your foot conditions with numbing, burning, or increased pain should be addressed immediately.
You only have two feet. Stop for a moment and consider what you would do with continual agonizing foot pain that never subsides. Wearing the appropriate footwear to help reduce foot pain will get you off the couch, feeling better and enjoying life once again.