8 Best Comfort Bikes for City Touring – 2018 Reviews
What is a comfort bike?
A comfort bike is not as complicated as the typical 7-speed bike. It is a subordinate class of hybrid bikes and manufactured with a design focusing on comfort and performance for riders.
Comfort bikes are primarily designed for the women cyclists but it also appeals to casual riders, commuters, and even children. Bike fans use them for leisure riding and recreational activities on flat terrains, bike paths, and paved roads.
The most important thing about comfort bikes is that it is less expensive, easy to adapt to, comfortable (of course), and relatively more stable than any other specialized type of bicycle.
What are the Benefits of Riding a Comfort Bike?
This type of bike will provide you with numerous benefits over any other bikes, but here are few distinguishable benefits:
If you are looking a comfort bike to ride around town or hang out with family and friends, this article will help you pick the right one. We have reviewed the 5 best comfort bikes in the market today (people also call them "lady urban comfort bikes") for enjoyable riding experience around the city.
Best Comfort Bikes 2018 Reviews
Diamondback Bicycles Women's Serene Comfort Bike
PUBLIC Bikes Women's C7 Dutch Style
Raleigh Bikes Venture Thru Comfort Bike
Schwinn Women's Suburban Bike
Hollandia Holiday F1 26 Cruiser Bicycle
Northwoods Pomona Women's Dual Suspension Comfort Bike
PUBLIC Bikes Women's C1 Dutch Style
Mantis Premier 726L Comfort Bicycle
In the following section, we will dig deep into each bicycle to explore the features, pros, and cons of each comfort bike. We don't have any direct association with any of the brands or products. We just did a lot of research to come up with comfort bikes we could recommend.
1. Diamondback Bicycles Wome
n's Serene Classic Frame Comfort Bike
Did you know consumers have rated the Diamondback Women’s Serene bike as one of the best comfort bikes for ladies in the market today? The Diamondback provides high-quality features at an affordable price.
While it may not have as many luxury features as its competitors, it’s a convenient bike with everything you need to enjoy your day-to-day ride.
Thanks to the bike’s 7-speed and Shimano gear system, your worries regarding the nature of the terrain will go out the window. It is as easy to cycle on bumpy and hilly terrains as it is on flat ground with the Diamondback bike.
Its high-quality frame keeps it sturdy and safe when you go over bumps. It also has a step-through frame, which makes getting on and off the bike a breeze.
Regardless of your height, you can find a Diamondback comfort bike that suits you. This is because there are options for small, medium, and tall women. This model has an emphasis on safety and convenience, making it one of the best women's comfort bike today.
Highlighted Features of Diamondback Serene Women's Bike:
2. PUBLIC Bikes Women's C7 Dutch Style City Bike
The Public Bikes Women’s C7 Dutch Style City Bike is your dependable, cozy, stylish, and affordable ride.
You can wear whatever you want on this bike; it is ready any time for your everyday transportation, fitness partner, or even as a fashion backdrop.
The bike doesn’t come with a basket, so just read bike basket reviews to find one that will match the style of the PUBLIC C7. You can put the basket in the front or at the rear.
Your cycling experience doesn’t matter, too. This comfort bike is for both beginners and pros alike.
The Dutch style, a hi-tensile steel frame is reliable, durable, and its 7-speed Shimano gear system can deal with any kind of terrain. The frame’s curved and step-through nature also makes it easy to hop on and off the ride.
The upright handlebars make it easy to maintain an upright posture so you can ride for long hours without muscle pain.
The PUBLIC C7 comfort bike has a gorgeous design. If you want to impress friends and strangers as you ride around ride around town, this is the model to do it. It comes in several beautiful designer colors -- red, cream, blue, turquoise, and orange. There are both large and small-sized bikes to suit all kinds of women.
If you are looking for elegance in your ride around the city, as well as reliability, this classic Dutch-style bike is for you.
Highlighted Features of Public Bikes Women's C7
3. Raleigh Bikes Venture Thru Comfort Bike
Riding is made fun again with the Raleigh bike. This was made to offer you a comfortable ride, whether a short one just around your neighborhood or a long one through city streets.
For both fitness and leisure, the Raleigh Venture Thru bike is the best option. It has a relaxed geometric design and beautifully-designed frame made of lightweight aluminum that fits a woman’s body better.
Its structure boosts your confidence in riding throughout the day, as the standover height is lowered and the distance between the seat and the handlebars is reduced.
The Venture bicycle cushioned seat and handlebar grips also provide a lot of comforts, as well as the wide saddle that understands women’s physiology.
For less stress on your body on those bumpy roads, the Venture Thru has a combination of big, wide tires, a suspension fork, and a seat post to absorb the shock.
It also keeps your spine aligned perfectly when riding while allowing you to maintain an upright posture.
For those who become easily fatigued after a few hours of riding, this feature should prove extremely useful. The lightweight comfort bike aluminum frame is not only durable but also an enhancement to your perfect body posture.
The Raleigh Venture women’s bike is worth it, as it can maneuver any kind of terrain while giving you a good time.
Highlighted Features of Raleigh Venture:
4. Schwinn Women's Suburban Bike 26-inch Mint
Schwinn is a name that bike lovers recognize. Having been around for over 100 years, it has a had a long time to perfect its bicycle products.
The Schwinn Suburban is the perfect example of a great product line. It was made with comfort in mind and comes with a lifetime warranty.
Most women use this bike to ride around the neighborhood. It is high quality and nicely built according to most cyclists. Its steel fork frame gives you the confidence to bike further. In addition, the 7-speed derailleur boosts your riding pleasure.
You can control the Schwinn Suburban with a simple twist of the hand grip extension. All these things make riding enjoyable and easy.
For your upright posture, the ride has cushioned saddles with swept-back handlebars to reduce the strain you may experience while riding.
The bike does not come fully assembled, but the self-explanatory manual will make it easier. Regarding quality performance, the sturdy frame offers you a safe and comfortable ride.
For all environmental advocates, the Schwinn Suburban is the perfect bike to use – safe, reliable, comfortable, and looks great, too.
Highlighted Features of Schwinn Suburban Women's Bike:
5. Hollandia Holiday F1 26 Cruiser Bicycle
Imagine buying a luxurious cruiser and comfort bike at a very affordable price. Does it exist?
Yes, and it is the Hollandia Holiday cruiser. It is one of the best women's comfort bike today with its beautiful design and mint green color that will definitely catch people’s eyes.
The designer was clever with the bike’s color; however, the bike is not only about looks. Its Dutch-inspired design and beautiful frame is what makes it stand out.
The bicycle has a hi-tension alloy TIG steel frame that is durable and sturdy. If taken care of, this fantastic bike will keep you riding for a decade or more.
The leatherette spring saddle makes adjusting easily while its rear brakes, aluminum Promax quill stem, steel post, and handlebars make the bike stable and safe to ride.
Do you need to transport things when riding about town? The standard, Dutch-style rear rack is great for moving things. Though it may not be as convenient as a basket, it allows you to transport things around while still looking sleek and stylish.
Finally, the Hollandia bicycle has a useful quick release system. If you need to change parts quickly, this model makes maintenance simple and accessible, even to the new users. These features make the bike perfect for users of any skill level.
Highlighted Features Hollandia Holiday F1 26
6. Northwoods Pomona Women's Dual Suspension Comfort Bike
For those interested in a good-looking, city bicycle famous for reliability, convenience, and affordable value, the Northwoods Pomona bike is an excellent choice.
The bike looks like a sports bike, but its features make it a good fit even for the leisure rider. They made the alloy frame from dual suspension and the frame is lightweight aluminum for a stable ride.
The Northwoods Pomona bike can handle any terrain. The 26-in alloy rims with custom-design cruiser tires provide easy, enjoyable, and stable rides.
In addition, the bike has a quick-release seat clamp with a specially constructed foam. This feature is good as an anti-shock when riding across bumpy terrain. If you want to go for a long city ride or through the countryside, this cruiser bike will give you the experience of your life.
Northwoods covered the saddle with high-quality leather to protect it from dirt, water, or any other damage when you are not using it.
Full suspension bikes are known to cost a lot of money, but the Pomona full suspension cycle offers more fun and enjoyment at an affordable price.
Highlighted Features of Northwoods Pomona Women's Bike:
7. PUBLIC Bikes Women's C1 Dutch Style City Bike
The PUBLIC C1 bike is a fashionable, comfortable, and dependable bike with a sloping step-through frame.
Riders can use it all around the city, on both hilly and flat terrain. This bike is perfect for both everyday commuting and casual riding.
If you are searching for an elegant-looking city cruiser bike, a classic Dutch bike, a women's hybrid bike, or a commuter bike in one bicycle, the PUBLIC C1 women’s turquoise bike is the perfect choice for you for regular cycling and fun.
It has the upright geometry like other PUBLIC city bikes. It also uses quality materials with dual-pivot caliper brakes and 700C commuter tires that are puncture-resistant for smooth riding.
The PUBLIC C1 women’s bike foregoes multiple gears and features a simple, efficient single-speed drivetrain.
It doesn’t matter whether you are a beginner, a pro, or a seasoned cyclist, this bike is a good choice for you. It gets even better when you realize that you can wear whatever you want for a fun and smooth biking activity. The bike has an optional well-matching cargo rack to your bike in front and back.
Highlighted Features of Public C1 Dutch Bike:
8. Mantis Premier 726L Comfort Bicycle
The Mantis Premier 726L bike offers a comfortable ride. It is also easy to assemble, exactly as pictured at an affordable price.
The premier 726L bike is perfect for casual rides around your neighborhood. It is great for those who want a bike that is lightweight and provides an upright posture.
It comes with a durable steel frame, 17-inch for women and 18-inch rigid steel fork for men. It also has 26-inch aluminum-made wheels and a multi-position adjustable aluminum stem for smooth, easy riding.
The Mantis Premier bike has a large and comfortable spring seat with an aluminum suspension quick release post that protects you when riding on rough terrain.
It features a seat that ensures your ride is fun, too. The Promax aluminum V-Brakes and 3-piece cranking system help make your ride safer. The bike has Shimano twist shifters that enhance speed.
Overall, you will be delighted with the performance and quality of this bike. The manual is also helpful because it is self-explanatory. The speed is awesome for beginners and those advanced in age.
Highlighted Features of Mantis Premier 726L:
How to Choose the Best Women’s Comfort Bike for City Touring?
When searching for the top bikes in this category for city touring, you must consider a variety of issues, including whether you are a beginner in cycling or not. Therefore, everything from the bike size to the length of the wheels will drastically affect how comfy your ride is.
The saddle may also be an influential factor. Be sure to read more of this buyer’s guide and review list to help you find the perfect model.
Things to Consider When Buying Your Bike
Before making an investment in a comfort bicycle for city touring, you should consider some important potential design features. If the product you are interested in has stellar options in each of these areas, it will serve you well for years to come. Here are some features to examine to choose the right comfort bike for you:
- Gear System: Depending on what kind of terrain you are riding on, you will need a certain variety of gears. Overall, you want at least five speeds in your gear system. Invest in a bicycle with a well-rated gear system, such as the Shimano one.
- Comfort Features: When buying the ladies bike, you need to look at everything from the seat, to the pedals and to the handlebars to make sure you will not be frustrated after a few hours of riding. The perfect riding experience largely depends on the women’s bike saddle.
- Bike Brand: The brand of bike you wish to buy matters. Famous bike brands happen to be popular for a reason. The design and quality of the bike often depends on the manufacturer designing your bike. Different manufacturers emphasize different features. Depending on the features you are interested in, check the various options available from the top brands. In addition, check the customer reviews on the brand product before investing in it.
- Price Tag: While it’s true that saving money can be expensive in the end, a quality bike must not always be pricey. There are relatively inexpensive comfort bikes out there. However, the opposite is also true. The cost of the bike should never be outrageously cheap (remember, you get what you pay for!). A budget bike should raise an alarm for you because most likely there could be something wrong with it. It could be cheap because of the materials used. Make sure your bicycle has a competitive price. Depending on your pocket, go for a moderately-priced item.
- Style: There are a variety of bike styles to choose from in the marketplace. This can be challenging to you if you are not informed. There are comfort, hybrid and cruiser bikes. Another category is the mountain bike and city comfort bike. The last category includes electric and non-electric bikes. The style depends on the features you desire. It is advisable to know the style you want from the various bike categories.
- Visor Design: Nowadays, helmets are made with visors to protect your face from the sun and bad weather. While the price of the helmet with a visor matters, it’s important to ensure it fits so the visor doesn’t block your vision. With a comfort bike, buy a stylish bike bell from the various options available here.
- Chin Strap: The helmet’s chin strap and buckle should fit perfectly when you fasten it. It should also be elastic enough to allow you to open your mouth, drink water, and chew food. The chin strap should be strong enough to hold your helmet in place.
- Foam Material: There are many types of helmet foam materials. The ideal one needs to be stiff when faced with hard impacts and soft on light impacts. It should be affordable and reliable. It should also be light and well-ventilated for warm weather.
- Safety Ratings: Riding a bike is supposed to be fun, but not without your security. You should make choices that enhance your safety by choosing the right helmet size to protect you on the ride. Pay attention to avoid injuries resulting from falls and accidents. Make sure your bike is in good condition before heading out.
If you are a beginner, you can take bike training to improve your cycling skills. Your bike should have working brakes that enhance safety and locks for securing your bike when you’re not using it.
Every aspect of the bike’s design should keep you steady and happy when traveling around town. And no matter what terrain you will be riding on, the shock absorption features, the saddle, and the frame should keep you from getting blisters or riding around in discomfort.
Thus, while it may be difficult to choose among the best comfort bikes mentioned in this article, we would recommend the Diamondback Bicycles Women’s Serene Classic Frame Comfort Bike. It is a bike that will keep you comfortable for a longer period of time and it will last several years if you take care of it properly.
Most cyclists would be hard-pressed to find a better women’s bike for comfort than the Diamondback Serene Classic. You will definitely enjoy the perfect riding experience with this bicycle.