The market is flooded with bicycle options to choose from, which makes the selection process a daunting task. In fact, most people are left wondering how to select the best bike in the market. However, it’s important to choose a bike based on the features you desire, as well as those that fit your body type. Most people go for a popular brand because it is hard to go wrong.
One such brand is Northwoods. Their Springdale women’s 21-speed hybrid bicycle comes with outstanding features. Also, its uniquely low price is attractive to anyone looking for value in their bike investment.
|Brake Style||Linear Pull Brakes|
|Frame Material Type||Aluminum|
|Item Dimensions||25 x 35.98 x 72.01 inches|
|Item Weight||44.09 pounds|
|Wheel Size||29 inches|
|Manufacturer||Northwood Cycle Depot|
A Product Description:
The bike is suitable for recreational and commuting purposes. This bike comes with the following major specs:
- Alloy frames
- Alloy stems
- 700×32c wide tires
- Large rear rack
- Front and rear fenders
- Alloy linear pull brakes
- Quick release seat clamp
- Short travel front suspension
- High profile alloy rims
- 21-speed Shimano twist shifting
The Features of the Northwoods:
- The handlebars provide comfort and promote perfect posture. The upright comfort rise handlebar that is paired with the bike frame helps to maintain a perfect posture during the ride thus making it easy to ride for long distances. This together with other features to be discussed below ensures you have a comfortable ride making it appropriate for recreational purposes.
- It has a lightweight aluminum frame and 700c tires. Your daughter can use this bike, too, because the frame is comfortably light. It is also appropriate for adults to use because it is wide enough. This is because they make most other bikes with light frames to suit children and with a width of 17 inches.
- The good news is, you can comfortably go for long rides because you don’t have to put out an extra effort. The 700c tires are suitable for long-distance rides and comfort. Also, the alloy rims avoid corrosion in extreme weather conditions.
- It comes with an alloy quick release seat clamp and linear pull breaks. This bike has a quick release seat clamp that makes it flexible to use. The advanced break system helps you to pull over when you need to safely, quickly and easily. This is helpful when you are climbing up or going down hills. If you need to stop suddenly, the linear pull breaks will serve you well, too.
- You can cover a variety of terrain types, thanks to the Shimano tourney rear derailleur and 21-speeds. Northwoods produced their Springdale women’s bike to cover different kinds of terrains with general premium grades and durable materials. These features make it easy to shift from one gear to the next when moving through various terrains. Riders can achieve perfect adjustability when moving up and down a hill.
- It comes with a rear rack and fenders. Northwoods has included a rear rack firmly seated in the back to carry your luggage and essentials around. It gives you the choice to put anything you want on the rack without having to worry it will fall off. The fenders increase your comfort by helping you stay clean and dry, too.
Things to Consider Before You Buy a Northwoods Bike
Northwood bikes suit anyone who loves conventional biking on rugged terrain, as well as those who love biking for leisure or recreational activities. They are also great for riders who use a bike as their daily mode of transportation. Ladies of average height who are looking to have a fun experience on and off the road will appreciate this bike, too.
At a reasonable price, the Springdale women’s bike is suitable for those who are on a tight budget, but who are looking for quality and good service. With this bike’s strong, sturdy and durable aluminum frame, you could comfortably go mountain biking on tougher terrains. Be sure to read the customer reviews online to find out if this bike is right for you.
The Major Pros and Cons of the This Bike
It can help to weigh out the pros and cons before you buy this bike. There are more pros than cons, which is beneficial. They are as follows:
- The quality is unbelievably superior, yet it is pocket friendly.
- It has eye-catching features and most buyers have confessed to being lured by the nature of its appearance.
- It can work on both a flat and a rugged terrain.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The user guide manual is generic, which makes it unsuitable for riding beginners.
- It is designed for ladies who are taller than 5’4″.
How the Northwoods Ladies Crosstown Hybrid Bicycle Performs on the Market?
The Springdale women’s bike stands out in the hybrid category. This is mostly because the designers focused on making it comfortable and durable while providing great performance.
The parts Northwoods uses are top-quality materials from Shimano. Although it comes with a low price, they don’t compromise on quality. The manufacturer has received some complaints regarding parts arriving broken, but they have already addressed that issue.
Here is Your Buying Advice
There are many online stores who offer the Springdale women’s bike in different price ranges. For example, eBay lists it at $295, while Amazon lists it at $199. That is a price difference of close to $100, so you may prefer to buy it at Amazon. In addition, Amazon gives it a 3.5-star rating out of 5-stars with approximately 162 customer reviews, most of which are positive.
This means many people have seen and used this product already. The good news is, if this product doesn’t satisfy your needs, they will refund your money without any questions.
You may also like to read our best Hybrid Bikes for Women review article where we pick top Six Hybrid Bikes for 2021!
If you wish to buy a bike for leisure that rides great on both rough and smooth terrains or for constant commuting on town or country roads, the Northwoods Springdale Women’s 21-Speed Hybrid Bicycle 700c hybrid bike is a great choice. This is especially true because of its many features at a reasonable price. Do not be fooled by the low price tag because they have not comprised quality, safety and durability.