It’s 2022, and summer is here!
What better way to enjoy the hot summer months than to go biking?
More and more people enjoy biking nowadays, and interestingly enough, women, more than men, are choosing to ride bikes rather than take cars or other forms of transportation for short-distance travel.
You see them around town, on bike paths, in senior lifestyle areas, even downtown. There’s a rise in popularity among people biking to school and office, too.
Even as far as the rough outdoor trails, women mountain bikes are getting popular these days.
If you’re thinking about buying a bike, but worried about where to store it because you live in a small place or in a small apartment with no garage facility, we have a solution for you.
A lightweight folding bike or folding mountain bike is best for people like you who have a storage problem.
Folding bikes can be folded into compact sizes and stored even in small places.
In this article, we are going to review the 7 best folding bikes for women who are setting a new trend for 2022.
They are lightweight, available at various speeds, and sizes, among others.
Make sure you read these reviews before looking at folding bikes for yourself.
Best Folding Bikes for Women
1. Schwinn 20-Inch Loop Folding Bike
The Schwinn 20-inch Loop Folding Bike is considered as one of the bestselling folding bikes for women for several reasons.
The Schwinn brand is a well-known one, and in this model, they live up to their name. With the 20” Loop, they are offering you a durable and strong bike.
Though the frame is strong, the bike folds easily, and you can store it in any corner of your house without anyone even noticing.
It comes with its own nylon bag for storage, too. What else is so special about this bike?
Key Features of Schwinn 20-Inch Loop Folding Bike
- Low stand-over folding frame constructed with heavy-duty aluminum alloy
- Long-lasting; guarantees to ride for at least 7-9 years straight
- Weighs about 33 lbs
- 20-inch wide wheels with city tires and alloy rims
- 7-speed Shimano gear shifter
- Front and rear linear alloy pull brakes
- Pant guard and front and rear fenders
- Comes with a nylon bag for easy storage
- Color options available
- It has a stylish design.
- Bike frame is constructed with sturdy and durable aluminum alloy.
- Has a low stand-over frame for easy getting on and off the bike.
- Its durability is guaranteed for 7-9 years.
- Includes 7-speed Shimano grip shifter for effortless change between gears.
- The bike incorporates front and rear alloy linear pull brakes for better stopping power.
- It is suitable even for off-trail riding.
- Excellent and affordable touring bike.
- The bike is heavier than the usual folding bike.
- Saddle has lower comfort because of its narrow shape.
- Folding mechanism doesn’t work properly.
- The tires that are included seem cheap.
- It is not a suitable bike for beginners to cycling.
2. Goplus 20” Folding Bike
The Goplus Folding Bike in Curved Crossbar and U-shaped Crossbar style to meet your varied needs and taste.
They are designed to serve you on the rugged or mountainous road with its puncture-resistance and non-slip tires alongside aluminum alloy rims.
Being a folding bike, it has a high-strength iron frame, durable, and can carry substantial loads.
The folding process is in three steps, making it easy to store and carry for women.
Key Features of Stowabike 20″ Folding:
- Made with high-strength iron
- 7-speed grip shifter
- Shimano 7-speed rear derailleur
- 20” single wall rims
- Thickened anti-skid tires
- Weighs about 32 lbs
- It can accommodate about 178 lbs
- Front and rear V brakes
- Includes a kickstand
- Comfortable saddle
- An ergonomic anti-slip handle helps relieve discomfort when you ride for long.
- Adjustable handle and seat makes it well-positioned and comfortable.
- The durable iron frame makes the bike stable and long-lasting.
- Speed change made easy with 7-speed shifter and rear derailleur.
- Use of pedals with BS reflectors for safe riding at night.
- Comes 98% assembled.
- Easy to store when on a commute.
- High quality for its price.
- Lack of magnet locking mechanism.
- It feels a bit heavy.
3. KESPOR K7 Folding Bike for Adults
Do you know there is a folding bike for all who desire the ease of riding, folding, and storage? KESPOR K7 offers this and much more as you prepare to go camping, a boat trip, or your routine commuting.
With a folded size of 31” x14” x26”, you can place in your closet, office, home, and car as it needs only a small space.
Having a 7-speed Shimano Twist Shifter, Shimano rear derailleur TZ-50 and free-wheel gives you the freedom to have a smooth ride during your outdoor adventure.
Key Features of Ford by Dahon:
- Made with durable aluminum frame
- 7-speed Shimano gear
- Shimano twist shifter
- Front and rear aluminum alloy disc brakes
- Double-wall aluminum rim
- 20” wheel
- Black rubber grips
- Folding pedals
- Quick-release hub
- Weighs 31 lbs
- Includes front and rear fenders, magnet catcher, white protector, and rear carry rack
- Can take up to 230 lbs. in weight
- The quality gear system enables you to have a smooth ride.
- It possesses a secure folding mechanism.
- The disc brake has great stopping powers.
- Fully assembled and ready to ride.
- Enjoy a lifetime warranty on the frame.
- A comfortable adjustable seat for riders within 5ft to over 6ft tall.
- Wrong alignment of handlebar and neck.
- Uncomfortable seat.
4. EuroMini ZiZZO Via 26lb Folding Bike
The ZiZZO Via folding bicycle from EuroMini is the perfect combination of high performance at a budget-friendly price.
EuroMini ZiZZO made from aluminum alloy; this bike can be folded into a compact size and features Shimano Revo 7-speed grip shifters with Shimano Tourney 7-speed derailleur.
The bike also features double rim multi-terrain tires.
But what makes ZiZZO Via 26lb so special? Let’s have a look below.
Key Features of the EuroMini:
- The frame, stem, seat post, hubs, headset, kickstand, brake levers, and more are made from lightweight aluminum alloy
- 20×1.95″ width original Kenda Khan tires
- Double wall rims are also made of sturdy aluminum alloy
- Genuine Shimano 7-speed Tourney derailleur and Shimano Revo 7-speed grip shifters
- 7-speed stainless steel gear cassette
- 9/16″ aluminum pedals with plastic folding
- Adjustable stem to adapt to riders of all sizes, from under five feet to over 6’4” and up to 240 lbs
- Front and rear fenders, kickstand, water bottle mounts, and reflectors included
- The bike has a full aluminum alloy frame and other parts for super durability.
- It is lightweight at just about 27 lbs.
- It has excellent after sales customer service.
- Features 7-speed gear shifters.
- This bike includes all genuine world-class accessories.
- It’s suitable for riders of all sizes.
- Has an affordable price range.
- It is available in two attractive color options.
- Possibilities of pedals locking up when the bike is folded hastily.
- Chain falls off easily when the bike is in its highest gear.
- Often comes with missing accessories.
5. EuroMini ZiZZO 23lb Lightweight Aluminum Folding Bicycle
Looking for the best women’s folding bike capable of both speed and city riding? The EuroMini ZiZZO Liberte’ was built just for that.
This all aluminum-made bike has components that are rust-resistant. Aluminum is a strong and lightweight metal that’s good for those who don’t want heavy bicycles.
This bike is comfortable, too, because it features an ergonomic bike seat that is pleasant to sit on. It also has V-brakes that add more to its value.
Surely, nothing gives a lady-rider more joy than cruising around the city with lightweight women’s bikes.
Key Feature of EuroMini ZiZZO Liberte:
- The lightest folding bike of all the EuroMini women’s bikes at just about 23 lbs
- Constructed with lightweight, thin-walled high-strength aluminum frame
- Folds really quick and very portable so that you can carry it anywhere and everywhere you want
- Adjustable stem to accommodate riders of all sizes and shapes (under five feet to over six feet four)
- Includes Revo 8-speed grip style shifter and 11-32T 8-speed cassette gears, both from Shimano
- Ultra-light urban road tires with double-walled rims and nylon puncture protection
- The bike is extremely lightweight for easy handling.
- It has a strong and durable aluminum frame construction.
- Stem locks add more safety to this bike.
- It has quick-release wheels for more comfort and control over the bike.
- This bike includes rust-resistant components.
- Consists of ergonomic-style seat saddles finished with chromoly rails.
- Comes fully assembled.
- Though the bike is fully assembled, some tuning and setting still need to be done.
- Magnet setting is not up to the mark.
- The bike doesn’t absorb small bumps on the road.
You May Also Like: The 10 Best Bikes for College Students
6. Vilano 20″ Lightweight Aluminum Folding Bike
The AVANTI 20 is a performance-packed bike that is perfect for a women’s commuter bike.
Also, its price tag makes it one of the best lightweight economical folding bikes available in the market today.
A 20” aluminum frame combined with steel fork makes it strong, and durable.
Key Features of Vilano AVANTI 20:
- Weighs 29.5 lbs
- Sunrun 6-speed rear derailleur and 6-speed twist grip shifters
- 20 x 1.75 wide tires with 20″ alloy double wall rim
- High-quality alloy V-brakes and 53T with chain guard cranks for better safety
- Pre-installed front and rear fenders to keep your bike fresh and clean
- Foldable and height adjustable stem to adjust to any rider’s height and weight
- The strong yet comfortable saddle and handlebars made of durable aluminum
- Its compact size when folded makes this bike fit even in very small spaces.
- It incorporates a simple 6-speed twist grip shifter.
- This bike has a flexible aluminum seat post and handlebars.
- It includes pre-installed, free rear rack and fenders.
- For security, it comes with a safety latching mechanism.
- Available in attractive colors to choose from (Red, Black & White).
- The bike has poor-quality accessories.
- The wheels don’t perform up to the mark on rocky terrains.
- Doesn’t include world-class Shimano gear sifters.
- Comparatively heavy in weight.
7. Schwinn 14 Hinge Folding Bike, 20-Inch
The Schwinn 14 Hinge Folding Bike is designed best for commuter riding. This folding bike is very easy and quick to fold and takes very little space in your garage.
This folding bike is very convenient to bring and is considered as one of the best folding bikes for women at such an affordable price range.
But that’s not all you get; please see the complete features, pros, and cons below.
Key Features of the Schwinn 14 Hinge:
- Low stand-over folding frame constructed with steel
- Easy folding frame and pedal sets
- 20-inch alloy wheels equipped with street tires for smooth rolling on streets
- Weighs about 33 lbs
- Front and rear fenders for riding in all-weather conditions
- Includes 1-speed gear sifter for easy speed gain
- Incorporates alloy linear pull brakes for more stopping power
- Can accommodate up to 220 lbs in weight
- Includes a rear cargo rack for carrying anything you like
- Comes with a nylon carrying bag for easy, fuss-free storage
- It has a sturdy frame for durability.
- The bike has a classic design.
- It takes a very small place to store the bike.
- Fenders make riding the bike fun in any weather conditions.
- It has a very reliable locking system.
- Comes with extra accessories.
- Extremely affordable price tag.
- The bike is quite heavy and bulky considering it’s a folding bike.
- Doesn’t fit in the bag properly.
- The pedals are not so trustworthy; they can fall off anytime during riding.
- Often comes with faulty and missing parts.
- The bike looks cheaply-made and not very durable.
- Big fan of the brand Schwinn? Check out our Schwinn Fairhaven Women’s Cruiser Bike Review In-depth.
Best Folding Bikes: 2022 Buying Guide
What is a Folding Bike?
A folding bike is a bicycle that you can literally fold up into a compact size. It is portable, easy to transport from one place to another, and takes up very little space in your storage.
Although folding bikes are popular in cities as a commuter bike and for their easy folding characteristics, there is so much more to a folding bike.
You can ride one on many kinds of terrains and you can even go for a long biking journey with your folding bike as they are fully capable of that.
No wonder the craze about folding bikes is increasing every day.
It is getting more and more popular around the world, especially in cities, for several reasons.
Why Does Someone Need a Folding Bike?
Everybody has different reasons for buying a folding bike.
The most important one, however, is the ease of storage when you live in a small house or apartment, for example, every inch of the house matters.
There is no space for a big fat bike like professional mountain bikes with big tires.
A folding bike comes in handy in this type of situation. It delivers phenomenal performance yet requires very little space to be stored when folded.
However, there’s more.
You can literally take your folding bike anywhere you go. Most of the folding bikes are made of the very lightweight material, and you can carry it with you instead of having to leave it somewhere.
Moreover, when folded, this bike can fit under your seat on the bus or train. You can also put it in your car’s trunk when traveling long distances.
A folding bike has a low maintenance cost and riding a folding bike makes you look very cool and stylish, too, if that matters to you.
Suppose there is bad weather outside, and you want to continue your cycling, what you need is a bike trainer that can be attached to a foldable bike. So, there are many advantages that you will find on a folding bike.
What to Look for in a Folding Bike?
Many features are incorporated in a folding bike.
Before buying one for yourself, you must consider the following factors and then make a decision about which one to buy and which would suit your needs the best.
Foldability: A folding bike is all about foldability. If it doesn’t fold smoothly and effortlessly, what’s the point of buying one?
Before you buy a foldable bike, then, you should always consider how quickly and easily the bike folds into a compact size.
Performance: It doesn’t matter how good a bike looks or how well it folds, it’s the performance of the bike that matters.
If the performance is not up to the mark, then all the money you spent to buy your new foldable bike is a total waste.
Before buying a folding bike, always consider the performance. Read full reviews like this one for Raleigh, ask friends, or go to the store itself to find out more about it.
Sizing and Fit: A folding bike can accommodate any size, unless you are over 6’2” or weigh over 250 lbs.
These bikes are designed for small to average-sized riders. Before buying a bike, make sure that you have the right size and height to ride a folding bicycle.
Speeds: Speed depends on the gear shifters and how swiftly and effortlessly you can change your gears.
Check and make sure the bike you are interested in has the right kind and type of gears sifters you want.
Wheel: Folding bikes come in a wide range of wheel sizes. From thin to moderate to wide, you will get every wheel size in a folding bike.
Traction, comfort, speed, as well as impact resistance all depends upon the size of the wheels you are using on your bike.
Keep this in mind before deciding which wheel size you would prefer to have.
Tires: Try to buy bikes with puncture-resistant tires. They will likely provide you with maintenance-free riding experience.
Suspension: Great suspension on a bike saves your body from bumps, impacts, and shocks from different trails.
Folding bikes feature all three kinds of suspensions: front or rear suspension, full suspension, and no suspension.
Deciding which suspension would be best for you depends on where you are planning to use the bike. Make sure that your bike has suspension, though, so you can ride longer in comfort.
Gears: Like any other bicycle, the folding bike also comes with different speeds of gear shifters.
You just have to choose the right speed when choosing your bike.
If you are a beginner, it’s always advisable to go for less speed gear shifters – like single speed bikes.
Brakes: Brakes are the most important feature to consider as they are related to your safety.
Folding bikes comes with different types of brakes, including disc hydraulic brakes, V-brakes, and linear alloy brakes.
Make sure you have the right kind of brakes installed on your bike while buying one.
How to Select the Best Folding Bikes?
When deciding which folding bike will best fit your needs, consider these factors.
What is the folding bike’s size?
Getting the right bike size is important if you want to enjoy your ride. Small to average riders are the main target for folding bikes.
A rider taller than 6’2” or weighing more than 250 lbs might have a difficult time on these bikes. Perhaps one of these bikes would be more suitable.
Where do you do the majority of your riding?
The best folding bikes have become extremely popular in urban environments, many times used to commute to and from work.
Folks in other areas (senior living areas, suburbs, college campuses) enjoy the utility, simplicity, and ease of storage inherent with folding bikes.
How small is the bike when folded?
If you live in an urban or suburban apartment, chances are you have very little storage space available. The best folding bikes take up very little room when folded.
If you are looking to transport your folding bikes in your car or truck, make sure the bike’s size when folded does not exceed the available space.
How much would you want to spend on a folding bike?
Before making your purchase, decide how basic or extravagant you want your bike to be. Think about how often or for how far you want to ride. Are you committed to riding every day or just looking to ride a little now and then?
Folding bikes come in all price ranges, so when you know the answer to these questions, you’ll know how much you have to spend.
All the top 7 folding bikes for women are selected and reviewed based on their design, foldability, and performance along with many other special features.
We have also considered the price range of the bikes before reviewing as the price is also one vital factor to be considered.
Among all the top 7 best folding bikes for women we have reviewed here, we would recommend the Schwinn 20-inch Loop Folding Bike.
This bicycle is perfect for both off-trail mountains riding as well as city commuting rides.
The Schwinn 20-inch Loop Folding Bike is the ideal combination of high performance and a very budget-friendly price tag.
At this price range, this bike has exceptional performance and looks. The bike features an extra lightweight frame, too, that folds into a compact size quickly without much effort.
That said, the other folding bikes we have reviewed here are also good choices. If you prefer not to buy the Schwinn 20-in, you can get any of the other bikes mentioned here and have the best riding experience.
You May Also Like: