Best Folding Bikes for Women: Top 5 Bikes Review
Surprisingly, more and more people are riding bikes these days. You see them around town, on bike paths, in senior lifestyle areas, even in the downtown area. A rise in popularity among people for biking to school and office is a common scenario. At this point, the necessities of a folding bikes have increased to an extreme level.
As a girl below 18, you may had a bike, we all did. However, your bike fell out of favor as you began to drive more often. Recently, you have been considering a bike purchase, but your storage space is limited.
Moreover, you do not really want the hassle of trying to mount a bike rack on your car. Have you considered the best folding bikes under 500? This is a special type of bike designed to accommodate in you small available space.
Recently, like other bikes, the best folding bikes for women are available with various speeds, lightweight, different size, multiple rider options etc. They also posses fold ability with perfect compactness.
However, before moving towards the folding bikes available in the market, you have to know some important fact about choosing the foldable bikes.
Best Folding Bikes for Women: Top 5 Picks for 2018
Stowabike 20" Folding City V2 Compact Foldable Bike Review
Stowabike launches this V2 urban folding bike for women, which is perfect for your commuting need.
This perfect urban bike has Shimano 8 gear system in 20” steel frame. It is a good folding bikes for women for city commuting.
Key Features of Stowabike 20 Folding City v2:
- V2 Compact foldable bike has 20” steel frame and fork 20” tire width
- 20” tire width
- Rear Derailleur TZ50 6 speed from Shimano
- CPSC Reflectors along with YH-8X pedal
- 3/32″”X46T Steel Chain set
- Handlebar Lorise 560mm
- Free kickstand at the middle
- Stowabike also has a V-brake
- A built-in rack
- Steel is a very durable and lucrative material
- No worry while you want to stand it as it has kickstand.
- Traditional but modern braking system of alloy V brake is here for you
- It has Comfortable black seat of PVC, which ensures long lasting
- Pre-assemble shipment; therefore, you do not have to waste time before riding.
- You can adjust both saddle and handle height.
- Picture is not showing the actual color combination for these foldable bikes
- Pedal and saddle materials are plastic
- Limited lifetime warranty
Schwinn 20-Inch Loop Folding Bike Review
With a heavy nylon carrier bag, this Schwinn Loop folding bike offers you a confidence of forgetting the missing of your bike again.
Moreover, the aluminum framed best folding comes with the mechanical rim brake system.
Key Features of Schwinn 20-inch Loop Folding:
- Schwinn black color aluminium frame bike gives the confidence of 7-9 years durability
- 20” wheel size bike has Mechanical Rim
- Drive train 7 Speed Shifter
- This Schwinn foldable bikes has fully covered rear and front fender
- Built-in rear rack
- Sunlight padded Cruiser saddle
- Smaller folded down at 31” length
- Exclusive design with a premium color blend can improve your environmental friendly image
- Guaranteed durability of 7-9 years
- Sturdy built and simple to assemble
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Safe and easy riding
- Suitable for off-road riding
- Bit heavier than usual
- Saddle have lower comfort due it narrow nature
- Not suitable for the beginner
Dahon Mariner D7 Folding Bike, Brushed Review
D7 adult folding bike from Dohan is specially designed light-weighted for carrying public transport like bus, train or lift in your apartment, etc.
Moreover, this bike can fold in a short place with quickly and hassle-free. I would recommend this bike if you have a shortest place to keep the bike.
Key Features of Dahon Mariner D7:
- The weight of Dohan Mariner is maximum 230 pound
- Frame material type high-quality 7005 aluminum frame
- Custom-drawn Sonus tubing and six patented technologies
- Rust resistant bike coating
- Portable bike seat
- Lighter than the other regular steel bikes
- 5-year warranty for the frame and 2-year warranty for spare parts.
- Fenders and rear rack are included
- One of the best-selling comfortable and secure bike
- Easy and quick folding system
- Rust resistant bike coating
- Sturdy and durable aluminum frame
- Beautifully designed folding bike with incredible style and look
- Can be used as a portable seat during folded
- Easily adjustable handlebar height
- Little bit poor design
- The bike is rust resistant, but not rust proof.
Best Choice Products 6 Speed Bike Fold Storage Folding Bike Review
The Best Choice Folding Bikes from Shimano brings us back to the 20” frame bikes. From all appearances, this looks like a middle-of-the-road bike and design.
It has 20-inch tires and 6-speed shifter. It has luggage rack standard.
The Best Choice brings us back to the 20-inch frame bikes, this one built by Shimano. From all appearances, this looks like a middle-of-the-road bike and design. It has 20-inch tires and 6-speed shifter. It has luggage rack standard.
One difference from the other bikes is frame construction. The Best Choice is an aluminum frame, and as a result weighs a little over 38 lbs. The price is a middling $139.79.
Features Shimano Folding Bike 20
- Best Choice is Shimano 6 Speed option foldable bike
- Wide (22”) chrome coated aluminum handlebar
- High-tensile folded steel frame
- Dual hand brake both front and rear
- Premium quality materials used for construction with confidence of money back
- Quality chain guard, foldable paddle and cruiser tire
- Shimano folded bike has inbuilt heavy duty kick stand with Best Choice
- Comes assembled thus no or little adjustment needed
- Adjustable seat height for fitting tall people
- The bike feels well made and sturdy.
- Not a step-through design
- Not good for beginner
- No manuals of any kind to assist with the adjustments needed
Ford by Dahon Convertible 7 Speed Folding Bicycle Review
Dahon Convertible Shimano 7 Speed bike from the US Car manufacturer Ford is available in multiple color variety.
The coolest designed bike, urban style folding bikes can be folded within second.
Key Features of Dahon Ford Convertible:
- Dahon Convertible has aluminum frame
- This urban utility style bike has 7 speed options
- Sturdy Alloy V Brake
- Original Shimano 7 Gear
- 20” tires, fully covered fender
- Free kick stand and inbuilt rack
- The pre-assembled bikes come with limited manufacturer lifetime warranty.
- Well built bike and pre-assembled shipment
- Folding is easy, and includes a safety latching mechanism
- Suitable for a wide height range of 5-6 feet
- Free kickstand and rear rack
- Modern V-Brake gives a speed up confidence
- Up hilling is difficult due to gear
- The seat might be a little stiff for some riders.
- Continuous shaking at the area of folding
- Limited lifetime warranty
How to Select the Best Folding Bikes?
When deciding which folding bike will best fit your needs, consider these factors:
What is the folding bikes size for you?
Averages to small riders are the main target for the best folding bikes.A rider taller than 6’2” or weighing more than 250 lbs might have a difficult time on these smaller designs.
Where will I do the majority of my riding?
The best folding bikes have become extremely popular in urban environments, many times used to commute to and from work. Folks in other areas (senior living areas, suburbs, college campuses) enjoy the utility, simplicity, and ease of storage inherent with folding bikes.
When folded, how small is the best folding bikes?
If you reside in an urban or suburban apartment, chances are you have very little storage space available. The best folding bikes take up very little room when folded. If you are looking to transport your folding bikes in your car or truck, make certain the bike’s folded size does not exceed the available space.
How much do I want to spend?
Before making your purchase, decide how basic or extravagant your want your bike to be.Think about how often or for how far you want to ride. Are you committed to riding as a hobby or just looking to ride a little now and then?
The Basic Features of The Best Folding Bikes?
Frame: High tensile steel or aluminum is construction material of the best folding bikes frames. The best foldable bikes have the weight ranges between 30 and 41 lbs. Aluminum frames come out slightly heavier.
All bikes tested, when folded, take up a space less than a 36” by 36” by 13”. Pay special attention to the hinges. Cheaper hinges will allow the frame to flex when the bike is in use.As a result, they will wear faster, and possibly make the bike unstable.
Seats: A comfortable seat is extremely important. More important is the ability to adjust the seat level depending on the height of the rider. If you are taller, make certain the seat will adjust to your needs comfortably.
Accessories: With one exception (mountain bike), all bikes have a rear storage rack. One model comes with a nylon-carrying bag. Each of these designs appears to be of the no-frills variety.
The top 5 best folding bikes for women are selected based on their design, speed option, fold ability, construction and many others features along with the pros and cons. We also consider the price and the offer and select these best folding bikes under 500.
However, if you want me to take one from the list, I will definitely recommend the Stowabike 20″ Folding City V2. This might be the best for people who are looking for a urban commuter folding bike with Shimano confidence in speed.
It has dual suspension for shock absorption. In addition, it comprises all the features that is essential for the best mountain bikes for women.
Therefore, do not waste your time to further research and order today. If you have further query, please leave some quotes, so that I can reach you soon. How can you go wrong? Enjoy your riding!