Something most people overlook is how important work socks are. Most people think they can get by with an ordinary thin sock, but they often find themselves with a lot of foot pain at the end of the day.
A proper work sock can make all the difference. It is important to know the needs of your feet. Without the proper support or cushion, an easy day at work can be a hard day on your feet.
The Dickies Men’s Dri-tech Moisture Control Crew Socks is one of the best socks for working on your feet. They provide comfort and support to keep the feet of even the hardest of workers happy. They are most of the highest ranking work sock among people who work strenuous labor jobs.
It is important to have a good work sock for any job that requires you to be on your feet for long periods of time.
Best Work Socks
1. Dickies Men’s Dri-tech Moisture Control Crew Socks
The Dickies Men’s Dri-tech Moisture Control Crew Socks offer moisture protection for hot days and a compression band for arch support. They come in white, grey, and black. They offer light padding and nylon material that provides stretch.
The padding on this sock is light and offers minimum support. However, the compression band does offer a good amount of arch support. It is also made out of soft and breathable material, so the foot doesn’t get hot.
The materials tend to be on the thin side and makes the sock more susceptible to holes. The seams along the toe have also be reported as being uncomfortably place. This can cause discomfort the longer you wear the sock.
- This sock is on the more affordable in.
- It is made out of lightweight, breathable materials.
- It comes in three different colors.
- The crew design stays in place.
- The nylon materials offer a stretch design for an ideal fit.
- The materials are thin, and holes form easily.
- The seems along the toes make it an uncomfortable fit.
- The padding is light and isn’t ideal for strenuous activities.
The Dickies Men’s Dr-tech Moisture Control Crew Socks is a great sock for men who need light protection at work. It will keep the feet dry and provide arch support, making standing more comfortable.
2. Gold Toe Women’s Ultratec Crew Socks
The Gold Toe Women’s Ultratec Crew Sock is a lightweight support sock. It is good for women who stand on their feet for short periods of time, but not much else. It offers thick materials that can provide comfort, but it also makes the sock hot to wear.
The padding is light and does not offer much support. There is also no added arch support. It does offer a high crew design that does stay in place. The sock is machine washable and on the more affordable side.
Just because this sock isn’t ideal for heavy work doesn’t mean it isn’t good for someone. If you work an indoor job that allows you to sit most of the day, this sock is good for you. It offers extra padding for light activities to keep you comfortable on your more busy days, as long as you don’t overdo it.
- They come in white and black.
- The crew design doesn’t slide down.
- The extra padding offers light support for people who aren’t on their feet all day.
- The thick material keeps the feet warm.
- It is more affordable than others.
- There is no arch support.
- The padding isn’t good for heavy workers.
- The material wears out easily during strenuous activities.
The Gold Toe Women’s Ultratec Crew Socks provides comfort for women who don’t have to stand on their feet all day, but not much else. If you need a sock with more support, consider checking out The Enerwear Men’s Cotton Moisture Wicking Extra Heavy Cushion Low Cut Socks instead. It is made for men but offers a lot of support.Check Latest Price
3. Carhartt Women’s Extremes Cold Weather Boot Sock
Carhartt Women’s Extremes Cold Weather Boot Sock is constructed of Merino Wool that provides protection against colder weathers. It also has mesh vents to make the sock breathable. This makes it warm, but not sweaty.
It has fast dry material that helps keep feet dry and odor control as well. It has a mid-calf design that is ideal for wearing with winter work boots. With the thick design, there is no need for extra padding.
With all the benefits of this sock, there still are a few negatives. The material does tend to slide down as the top stretches out throughout the day. There is also no arch support. Without arch support, this sock is not ideal for people who have to stand for long hours at a time.
- It is made from materials that provide protection from the cold weather.
- The thick material makes it comfortable.
- It features breathable materials to keep the foot from sweating.
- It has stayed dry material to keep the feet dry.
- The materials are of high quality.
- Ideal for wearing with winter boots.
- The material stretches and slides down the calf.
- There is no arch support.
- They are a little pricey.
The Carhartt Women’s Extremes Cold Weather Boot Sock is a wonderful solution for women who plan on doing any winter activities. It will provide comfort as well as support and comfort. There is no reason not to pick up a pair.
4. Fruit of the Loom Men’s 6 Pack Heavy Duty Crew Socks
The Fruit of the Loom Men’s Heavy Duty Reinforced Cushion Full Crew Socks is probably one of the most relaxed socks in this review. It provides extra padding along the sole of the shoe, but it is light.
It has a full crew design that is meant to be worn with boots, but the material often falls down. There is no extra arch support, and the moisture wicking feature is light at best.
There is some good point to this sock. They work well for people we stand all day but don’t work outside. They come in white and black, making them ideal for any outfit. They are comfortable to wear during light activity.
- It comes in white and black.
- It has a padded sole for light activities.
- It is affordable.
- The moisture wicking feature is okay for light activities.
- They hold up well against staining.
- There is no arch support.
- The padding and moisture wicking don’t hold up well for heavy materials.
- The material slides down the calf.
The Fruit of the Loom Men’s Heavy Duty Reinforced Cushion Full Crew Socks is a great lounge sock and can provide light support for those who stand all day. It is also a very affordable option.
5. Carhartt Men’s All-Terrain Boot Socks
Carhartt Men’s All-Terrain Boot Socks is advertised to be able to handle any terrain. This means no matter the wear you are putting on your feet, it will be able to hold up. It also offers a NanoGlide reinforcement that prevents blisters from forming.
The fast dry technology is designed to keep feet dry even after being submerged in water. The material is soft and breathable to hot days as well. It also provides a compression band along the arch of the foot for maximum comfort. It comes in brown, grey and navy.
The sock does not come without issue though. The NanoGlide material is designed to prevent blisters, but the slick design also makes it to where the material will slide down. The material around the toe is also known to be too thin.
- It comes in three different colors.
- Made with a NanoGlide material that prevents blisters.
- It has a padded design for extra comfort.
- There’s a compression band around the arch that provides ideal arch support.
- It has a fast dry material to keep your feet dry.
- The material is both soft and breathable.
- The NanoGlide material can make the material slide down the calf.
- The padding is on the light side.
- The material in the toe area is thin.
Carhartt Men’s All-Terrain Boot Socks are ideal for anyone who needs a sock with stay dry material and extra arch support. It is perfect for people who work around water or plan on doing activities that will work up a sweat.
6. Enerwear 10P Pack Men’s Cotton Cushion Low Cut Socks
The Enerwear Men’s Cotton Moisture Wicking Extra Heavey Cushion Low Cut Socks offer a moisture wicking feature that will keep the feet dry on hot days. It provides extra cushion for support and comfort as well as a low cut design.
This sock is ideal for someone who needs a padded sock but doesn’t plan on doing a lot of activities. It will keep the wearer comfortable while standing, but it won’t provide comfort for someone working hard labor jobs.
The sock does not provide any arch support, but the materials in the heel and toe are supposed to create durability. This is not always the case. If you work strenuous jobs that will create a lot of friction, this sock will not hold up.
- The low cut design makes it ideal for wearing with everyday shoes.
- The padded design makes people who stand all day comfortable.
- It comes in black and white.
- The toe and heel are reinforced with extra material.
- It offers a wicking feature to keep feet dry.
- The material wears down easily with any friction.
- There is no arch support.
- The low cut design is not good for boots.
The Enerwear Men’s Cotton Moisture Wicking Extra Heavy Cushion Low Cut Socks is a great sock for someone who isn’t expecting to do a lot of laborious work throughout the day.
If you need a sock that will hold up against more activities, the Carhartt Men’s All-Terrain Boot Socks might be more ideal for you. They are among the best work socks for sweaty feet.
7. Zeke Men’s Crew Work Socks
The Zeke Men’s Crew Work Socks provide a cushioned sole all along the base of the sock, making it comfortable for long days. It also features mesh ventilation to keep the feet cool throughout the day.
Arch support takes the strain off the feet when you have to stand most of the day. All of these features combined make the sock soft and comfortable to wear all day. They come in black and white.
It does come with a few problems. Like most socks, the thinner parts of the sock wear easily. This cause holes to develop quite quickly. The padding is also on the lighter side, making them not ideal for steel toe shoes.
- A padded sole makes the sock comfortable to wear.
- A mess design keeps the feet cool on hot days.
- It comes in black and white making it perfect for most outfits.
- The mid-calf design makes them ideal for boots.
- Arch support built into the sock helps take the pressure off the feet.
- The material wears down easily on the mesh side.
- The padding in the foot is on the thinner side.
- They tend to fit a little small.
8. YUEDGE 5 Pairs Men’s Cushion Crew Socks Outdoor Socks
The YUEDGE Men’s Cushion Crew Socks Outdoor Recreation Performance Trekking Climbing Camping Hiking Socks is ranked among the best work socks for working on your feet. Its mid calf design makes it great to wear with boots, and the extra padding among along the entire foot makes it comfortable to wear all day.
The sock also provides moisture protection to keep your feet dry all day long. The thick material makes it perfect for standing up to hard labor jobs as well. Extra attention is also paid to the detailed stitching, making sure that there are not uncomfortable seems.
The YUEDGE Men’s Cushion Crew Socks Outdoor Recreation Performance Trekking Climbing Camping Hiking Socks is ideal for anyone doing strenuous sports activities or hard labor jobs.
- The thick material makes it hold up to hard wearing.
- There is extra padding along the foot of the sock, making it more comfortable to wear.
- It comes in a variety of dark and light colors.
- The high calf design makes it ideal for wearing with work boots.
- The attention to stitching makes it comfortable to wear.
- The fuzzy inside can produce a lot of lent for the first few days of wear.
- The padding in the heel can wear out quickly.
- The color of the sock is not the same as the color pictured.
The YUEDGE Men’s Cushion Crew Socks Outdoor Recreation Performance Trekking Climbing Camping Hiking Socks are made for comfort and quality. If you need a sock to provide comfort on days that require hard tasks, this is the sock for you.
9. Thorlos Unisex WX Walking Thick Padded Crew Sock
The Thorlos Unisex Wx Walking Thick Padded Crew Sock is perfect for people who work on their feet all day but don’t do labor jobs The extra padding in the toe and heel of the foot provides comfort that is hard to beat.
The fabric is thin, however, which makes it bad for labor jobs. Any sort of rubbing for a long time will cause holes to develop rather quickly. It is available in white, black, and khaki, making it ideal for hiding stains.
They are machine washable and made out of a soft fabric that stretches for comfort. This sock is ideal for someone looking for comfort but doesn’t need anything to hold up against hard labor.
- It is made out of a soft fabric.
- The material is stretchy, which makes it comfortable.
- There is extra padding in the two and heel, making it ideal for someone who is on their feet for long periods of time.
- It comes in a variety of colors to match any outfit.
- The material is thin, making it cooler to wear.
- The thin material makes it not ideal for hard labor jobs.
- It only comes in a mid-calf height.
- There are ridges in the toe that can make it uncomfortable for certain people.
The Thorlos Unisex Wx Walking Thick Padded Crew Sock is a great sock for someone who stands for long periods of time but doesn’t have to do hard labor. The thick material makes it one of the cooler socks on our list as well.
10. Timberland Men’s Comfort Low Quarter Sock
The Timberland Men’s Comfort Low Quarter Sock is machine washable and provides arch support for those that need it. Proper arch support is essential when working jobs that require you to be on your feet for hours at a time.
If you are looking more machine washable socks, then we recommend Bamboo Socks. The socks have received positive vibes from buyers due to their arch support, comfort, and durability.
It also provides an extra cushion in the footbed to provide extra comfort throughout the day. The low cut, snug design makes it to where the sock won’t bunch and move during the work day either. Anyone who has had to adjust their sock throughout the day knows how annoying it can be.
They come in a four pack with four different colors. Ranging from a light brown to a dark black. The color scheme helps hide dirt and staining that might occur from hard labor jobs.
The largest complaint about this sock is that the materials do wear down quickly. This is due to the snug fit. In order to have the socks last, it is important to size up. A snug fit is nice, but to snug can cause issues.
- It provides arch support for extra comfort.
- It has extra padding in the sole to provide extra comfort.
- They come in dark colors to hide stains.
- They provide a snug fit to keep the sock in place.
- They are machine washable, making them easy to care for.
- The snug fit can cause the socks to break down fast.
- They do not help with wicking away moisture.
- The sizes tend to run smaller.
If you are looking for a sock that is more about comfort than anything else, this is the sock for you. However, if you need something that wicks away moisture or will stand up to the wear of hard jobs, you might want to check out some of our other options.
What to Look When Choosing the Socks for Working?
It is important to know that materials that your work socks are made out of. Some materials are thin and aren’t made to hold up against activities that will create a lot of friction.
Some materials are thick and will cause your feet to sweat. Some over blister and moisture protection. Some are made out of nylon and provide stretch. It is important to know what you are going to be doing in the socks and what your specific needs are.
Always know how your sock is going to fit. Some offer a snug fit, while others might run a little bigger. Snug fits can be nice when keeping the sock from sliding down, but it could also cause issues in comfort if it is too snug.
If a sock is sized a little bigger, it can cause your foot to feel uncomfortable throughout the day. Fit matters when it comes to picking the right sock. Make sure to make an informed decision.
Comfort means something different to each person. Do you need a sock that has a lot of extra padding or something with a lot of arch support? Both of these things are important when you are on your feet all day.
If you need arch support and buy a sock without any, then you might find your feet feeling uncomfortable towards the end of a long day.
Strenuous work leads to sweat. Sweat leads to odor. If you find yourself having a hard time with odor, you might want to buy a sock that helps with that.
Not all work socks offer this feature, but it might be worth paying extra for this. No wants to have to deal with odor at the end of the day. Picking the right sock can help with this issue.
Another thing that can help with sweat is ventilation. Some socks offer thinner material or mesh panels that allow more air flow. This can keep your feet cool and contribute to a more comfortable work day. If you work outside in the heat, it might be beneficial to buy a sock that provides air flow to cut down on sweat.
If you find that sweat is a serious issue for you, you might want to pick a sock with moisture control. Wet feet can lead to other issues. There are even socks that offer fast dry materials. This can help if you work outside in a hot environment or somewhere where water is present. Make sure to know your needs.
Not all work socks are created equally. It is important to know how durable our sock is. A sock that works well from someone who stands a lot might not be the best sock for someone who does hard labor.
Different activities create different friction. If you work a job that creates a lot of friction between your sock and shoe, you might want a sock that is of higher quality than someone who only creates a little friction throughout the day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is the elastic at the top of the Dickies Dri-Tech Moisture Control Crew Cut Sock stretchy?
A. Yes. The elastic at the top of the Dickies Dri-Tech Moisture Control Crew Cut Sock is stretchy. This is perfect for someone with a larger calf. The elastic is stretchy and flexible, which means it won’t cut into the calf in an uncomfortable way.
Q. Are the Carhartt Women’s Extremes Cold Weather Boot Sock really warm?
A. Yes. The Carhartt Women’s Extremes Cold Weather Boot Sock is warm. It is made to handle freezing temperatures and be worn in the snow. The sock is ideal for women in colder temperatures who have to go out into the elements or want to do outdoor activities in the snow.
Q. Does the YUEDGE Men’s Cushion Crew Socks Outdoor Recreation Performance Trekking Climbing Camping Hiking Socks fit a size 13 foot?
A. The YUEDGE Men’s Cushion Crew Socks Outdoor Recreation Performance Trekking Climbing Camping Hiking Socks large size says that it will fit up to a size 10.
The sock does not go up to a size 13, meaning it would be a very snug fit. It is important to pick a sock that fits well for comfort. It might be better to pick a sock that goes up to your appropriate size instead.
Q. Does the one size fit all Timberland Men’s Comfort Low Cut Sock fit a size 10 comfortably?
A. The Timberland Men’s Comfort Low Cut Sock one size fit all will fit a size 10. It is made out of a stretchy material that will stretch out to most sizes. It is advertised to fit up to a size 12.
However, it might not be a snug fit. If you are looking for a snug fit, it might be wise to pick a different sizing.
Q. Does the Carhartt Men’s All-Terrain Boot Sock hold up well to heavy labor work?
A. The fabric in the toe area is thin and known to create holes after a short period of wear. This means it will most likely not hold up well to strenuous jobs that create a lot of friction. If these socks are to be used for hard labor, it is best to have a large amount in rotation to prevent heavy wear.
It is essential to know what your needs are before buying a work sock. Some people need a sock that can hold up to a lot of activities, while others just need something that will provide comfort while standing.
Not all work socks are created equally. Some socks with a lot of padding will offer no arch support. Others will provide arch support but be made out of a thin material that will wear down rather easily.
If you need a sock with fast dry materials or moisture wicking, it is important to read the description to make sure this is provided. Some socks will claim to be fast drying but offer very little in the way of this.
It is always important to do your research before making any purchases. Knowing your needs and what a work sock can offer will go a long way in making sure you buy the right sock the first time.
- The 10 Best Shoe Inserts for Standing All Day
- The 7 BOC Shoe Reviews of 2021
- The 7 Best Birkenstocks of 2021
- How to Choose Socks, by ems