As a passionate cyclist, we understand how much you value your BMX bike. This is especially so regarding how best you can ride it — talking of riding, what is a better way to do this than using befitting shoes? You do not want to ride your BMX bike with just any other shoe available in the market.
Riding a BMX with the right shoes means you understand the importance of safety and the need to feel comfortable when riding. You need a shoe that will give your feet the right grip and balance, just like you would for table tennis shoes.
Having got a quality BMX bike, you also need matching shoes that will last long and define the class you belong to. However, it can sometimes be challenging trying to find the right BMX shoes due to the market flooding with various brands that claim to make the best BMX shoes.
Among the BMX Shoes that prove to be offering, the best service is DC Mens Pure Shoes. Take a look at the review below and pick your suitable pair of best Shoes.
Best BMX Shoes
1. DC Men’s Pure Shoes
If there is a brand that has cut a niche for itself in BMX shoes, then it has to be DC. This shoe is specifically made for your pedal, pure and simple. DC has taken footwear to the next level with this shoe, especially with its fusion between art and pedaling. The following are the main features:
Durable leather upper – This durability ensures you enjoy your rides longer without the stress synonymous with frequent shopping for shoes.
Ample padding – This is a guarantee of comfort no matter the distance you will cover with your bike.
Rubber sole – This ensures an excellent grip and flexibility during the ride.
- Nubuck, leather, and suede upper for easier maintenance
- Mesh lining to help in breathability and air circulation all around the foot
- Foam padded collar and tongue to help improve on support and comfort
- The rubber outsole is abrasion resistance; a sign of durability
- Available in a variety of color and you can choose based on personal preference
- Some complaints of strain on the top of the foot, but this can be easily avoided by wearing thick socks or loosening the laces.
- The size chart may be a little misleading, but it helps if you have the exact measurements of your feet.
Overall, this is a dependable shoe that can still be used for other sporting activities like tennis and even skateboarding.
2. Vans Women’s Slip-on(tm) Core Classics
So you are looking for that unisex shoe that will keep you on your bike for the longest time possible? Well, the Vans Women’s Slip-on(tm) Core Classics gives you just that. This is a shoe made to provide you with a much-desired grip while on your ride. Here are some notable features you can expect:
Made from 100% canvas – Canvas not only ensures durability but also ease in cleaning and flexibility.
Rubber sole – The rubber sole gives this shoe a good grip on the pedals of your bike.
Revolutionary design – Being a unisex shoe, Vans has designed this to appeal to both genders.
- Its waffle outsole helps improve the board feel and gives you the much-needed comfort
- Available in various colors and styles to offer variety when shopping
- Light enough to avoid too much strain on your feet
- Sturdy shaft to help support the shoe to its desired shape
- Thick inner lining for more comfort
- The bottom liner tends to come out easily, but you can avoid this by getting the right fitting shoe
- The shoes do not have laces but will work just fine as long as you get your correct size
When looking for simple shoes that do not need too much time to put on, then the Vans Women’s Slip-on(tm) Core Classics promises to give you just that. Avoid wasting time on shoes, and enjoy your ride more.
3. Etnies Men’s Kingpin Skateboarding Shoe
Etnies has always come up with revolutionary designs on shoes. This time, it has proven its expertise again through the Etnies Men’s Kingpin Skateboarding Shoe. Its predecessor, the Etnies Fader, inspire the shoe’s design. The following are its main features:
Puffy tongue and collar – This is meant to give you maximum comfort while on that ride.
Die-cut EVA Midsole and Insole – With this, you are assured of durability and flexibility.
400 NBS outsole – This gives you an excellent grip on the pedal and keeps your shoe stable for much longer.
- Revolutionary design with its trademark Etnies Logo inscribed into the medial side
- Padded collar and tongue for maximum comfort, whether walking or riding
- Sturdy but perforated upper to help improve air circulation
- Adjustable lacing to give you the liberty to fit your shoes to the right grip
- Herringbone-treaded outsole for that perfect grip, both on the pedal and on the street.
- Complaints of the shoe not holding up long but this is a result of frequent and extensive use over time
- The arch support is not too dependable, but this should not be much of a problem when it comes to riding
If you are looking for shoes that will keep you looking like a star while on your bike, then the Etnies Men’s Kingpin Skateboarding Shoe is the perfect match. Get these and forget about the stress and strain synonymous with cycling shoes.
4. Vans Authentic Core Classic Sneakers
Made from 100 percent canvas, the Vans Authentic Core Classic Sneakers promise nothing short of comfort and durability. This should be your perfect companion whenever you are riding up the mountains or going downhill.
These imported shoes have become a force to reckon with in the recent past thanks to its convenience for all since you can find teen shoes as well. Here are its main features:
Rubber Sole – This is meant to give the shoes its desired flexibility while at the same time ensuring durability.
Suede upper – This is designed as a casual skate sneaker to improve its look and make cleaning easy.
Ultracrush footbed – The revolutionary footbed design helps improve the shoe’s cushioning.
- Features its signature waffle outsole that helps improve its board feel
- The multicolor design helps give it a nice look
- Adjustable laces to help fit all feet shapes
- They are unisex and thus can be worn by any gender
- Sturdy make for stability when riding
- Fabric upper a little too small for the sole but works just fine with small feet
- The stitching job is a little shaky but only if used daily
This is a shoe for outdoor lovers who desire flexibility and comfort. Its lacing is well articulated, and you can easily adjust to the desired size. In fact, you can even use these shoes for jumping rope.
5. DC BMX Mens Shoes
As a man, you want to have riding shoes that define your style. With the DC Shoes Men’s Shoes Net Shoes, you need not look anywhere else. These are enough to give you a Saturday-style slam dunk. You will love the following unique features:
Foam padded tongue – These are meant to provide you with the right support while keeping you comfortable.
Muted leather upper – This not only gives the shoes a longer lifeline but also helps translate easily from pavement to the pedal.
High Walled rubber sole – This is meant for those who love the old-school appeal. You will love its resulting falter-free swagger.
- Lightweight tongue mesh means better pedaling on your BMX
- The trademark pattern tread from DC spells uniqueness
- Vent holes to help improve breathability
- Cup sole is sturdy and offers the right support to the shoe
- Strong rubber sole for better grip on the pedal
- Complaints of a weak sole, but this may happen only if overused daily
- Can be a little heavy when walking but should work just fine when cycling
Define comfort and durability through the DC Shoes Men’s Shoes Net Shoes. These are made to appeal to the enthusiastic cyclist looking to explore the outdoors.
6. Adidas Men’s Seeley Skate Shoe
Adidas needs no introduction in the shoe industry. Its resolve to crate dependable and durable shoes for all seasons has made it a household name.
This is clearly seen in the Adidas Men’s Seeley Skate Shoe. They are designed with no wear-in time and are ready to ride. Here are some of its notable features:
Synthetic suede – This is meant to give the shoes some abrasion resistance. It also helps hold up to daily cycling and park sessions.
Textile lining – This helps keep your feet comfortable, whether you are on your BMX or walking.
Lace closure – This lacing ensures your feet easily fit into the shoe as long as you have the right size.
- The classic Adidas Logo with 3 stripes and a linear Trefoil defines the undisputable Adidas style
- The definitive rubber sole gives the shoes enough flexibility and good grip on the pedal
- The laid-back style makes it ideal for cycling uphill
- Strong and sturdy sole to keep the shoe in shape
- Comes in various colors to offer variety when shopping
- The insoles are not easily removable, but you can still do with the right incantation
- Not as comfortable when walking long distances but works well for cycling
If you are looking for BMX shoes that do not need a break-in period, then the Adidas Men’s Seeley Skate Shoe will do you right. You will love how grippy they are to your feet and the pedal.
7. Exustar E-SB740 BMX Shoe
Do you love maintaining your stability all through your rides? Well, in that case, you need the Exustar E-SB740 BMX Shoe for your next trip. These shoes have proven to be reliable, especially when looking to perform those demanding tricks on your bike. Here are its notable features:
Suede leather – This feature not only helps keep the shoe durable but also makes maintenance much more efficient.
Breathable Nylon Mesh – This will come in handy for those long rides as it ensures the circulation of air around your feet.
PU upper with ankle protection – This is a safety feature that ensures your ankles are always safe in case of a fall or mishap in pedaling.
- Lightweight enough to allow easier pedaling for longer
- A perfect combination of lades and strap fasteners to give the shoes an excellent grip on the feet
- Washable EVA insole and rubber soles for better management and cleaning
- Sturdy and robust make, ideal for men whole love extended rides on their bikes
- Flexible enough and can fit various feet sizes and shapes
- The suede is a little too thin, but this is compensated by the heavy cushioning on the rest of the parts
- Not much of choice when it comes to colors, but the back color is universal and appealing
If you are looking for a perfect blend of strength and flexibility, then the Exustar E-SB740 BMX Shoe is your go-to shoe. You will be glad you made the decision early enough.
8. Nike Men’s SB Solarsoft Portmore 2 Shoe
Talk of style, unique design, casual look, respected brand, and you have the Nike Men’s Sb Portmore Ii Solar Canvas Ankle-High Skateboarding Shoe. This shoe is made for the fun lover who loves exploring the outdoors, and you can even wear without socks. Its unique suede ensures easier cleaning and maintenance. Here are other notable features you will like:
Rubber Sole – Nike has always exhibited flexibility through its rubber sole shoes, and this is no exception.
Cushioned footbed – This will help offer added comfort even when pedaling hard uphill.
Neatly designed shaft – Measuring 2.25″ from the arch, the shaft gives the shoes a unique design.
- Vulcanized construction to help improve its flex while also giving you a nice pedal feel
- Sticky outsole made from gum rubber for that tight grip and superior durability
- Low-profile, slim skate silhouette that helps improves the shoe’s efficiency when cycling
- Available n a variety of colors for better choice based on preference
- Removable insoles for better cleaning
- The stiff canvas can be a little comfortable within the first few hours of wearing it but should be good after a successful break-in
- The sole is a little too thin, but the cushioned insole compensates this
Nike has always made dependable canvas shoes for all occasions and with, Nike Men’s Sb Portmore Ii Solar Canvas Ankle-High Skateboarding Shoe; they have demonstrated this once again. Get these and feel the pride of being part of a respected brand.
Whether you are BMX stunning or doing cross-training in a gym, Nike can handle everything for you.
Consideration Before Buying BMX Shoes
We understand how much you desire to have the right shoes for your BMX bike. However, getting that befitting shoe is easier said than done. This is especially so if you are getting into the niche for the first time.
The first thing you may need to consider when shopping for BMX shoes is the riding you will be doing. Will this include some tricks and stunts? Are you looking to take part n a competitive sport or only riding for pleasure?
This said, here are some of the important parameters you will need to take into consideration if you are to get befitting BMX shoes.
The material used says a lot about a shoe. This is especially so in terms of its durability, comfort, and ease of cleaning. Most BMX shoes would use composite materials, but natural ones are also common.
Since they are meant to be used when riding, a right BMX shoe should be made from a light material that makes it much more comfortable and convenient to ride for long distances.
When it comes to material, a BMX shoe has two main parts; the upper and main sole. Most BMX shoes are made from Canvas upper since this ensures durability and less strain when breaking in.
However, others would be made from leather and synthetic fiber. In this regard, the type of material used for a sure will depend on its intended purpose. So before you choose the material, determine how you are going to use your BMX bike.
The sole is an integral part of a shoe. This is the part that gets in contact with your bike’s pedal. Usually, BMX shoes would feature rubber soles, as this helps increase the grip on the pedals.
However, you also need to take into consideration the various processes and tricks that may be involved in riding a BMX bike. In this regard, you will need to have shoes that feature a thick and shock absorbent sole.
This will come in handy when riding on uneven surfaces or when performing those risky tricks. A good sole will not only help improve your flexibility but can also help in case of emergencies or when riding brakeless.
The treading on the sole also matters. This will determine the strength of the grip on the pedal. Go for soles that have deeper treading as these will give you an upper hand when in need of a tighter grip.
When buying BMX shoes, you ought to take into consideration the fact that your cycling will take place under various conditions, intensity, and frequency. As such, you need to have shoes that can withstand these.
So what better way than finding excellent non-slip shoes? As such, you will need to go for shoes that guarantee a good grip on the pedals and still give you the right stability when walking.
When it comes to BMX shoes, you do not want to risk with shoes that will wear out in a few weeks. Go for the best BMX shoes that promise a longer lifespan to avoid the hassle and extra expenses of having to shop regularly.
We are not advising you to go for steel-toed shoes but just a reminder that as a BMX rider, you cannot afford to settle for less.
Talking of durability, the material used, and the design of the shoes says a lot. Go for shoes made from a durable material that has been tried and tested. Some of these may include canvas and leather.
What is the point of wearing a pair of shoes if they do not feel comfortable enough on your feet? When it comes to the comfort of your BMX shoes, their fit comes first. Ensure that you do not put on shoes that are too large or too small for your feet.
The best way to ensure this is to measure your feet beforehand. In most cases, manufacturers will have a size chart where you can choose your preferred size.
Most notable shoe brands use various methods to ensure that the shoe is comfortable enough. However, the most common of these is the use of cushioning. This may be done in areas like the shoe tongue, collar, and inner sole.
In this regard, you will need to take your time to determine a shoe that will offer you maximum comfort based on your shoe size and shape. In other instances, the material used for the shoe also determines its comfort.
Go for materials that do not take much effort to break-in. With these in place, you can rest assured of comfort for your BMX shoes.
Shoes are not meant to be another load to carry around. Rather they ought to be just like any other form of clothing where you do not take much of effort carrying around.
The weight factor is especially applicable when it comes to choosing BMX shoes. This is because, as a rider, you need to contrite more of pedaling and less about the weight of your shoes.
When shopping, go for shoes made from light material. In most cases, this can be a light rubber sole, light leather, canvas, or cloth.
As much as padding and foam are important aspects of a shoe in terms of comfort, this should not be overdone. Anything beyond acceptable limits will render the shoe too heavy to wear.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How can I improve the connection between my BMX shoes and the pedals?
A. You can easily do this by doing for shoes with stiff soles. Ensure the soles have strong treading and nonslip by nature.
Q. Can I use a pair of trainers as BMX shoes?
A. As much as this may be possible to some extent, they become uncomfortable at some point. BMX specific shoes are more efficient and better placed to offer service for the long haul.
Q. Why do I need specific BMX shoes?
A. There are several reasons why you would need BMX shoes. However, the most common include the need to be safe when cycling. When your foot is not attached firmly to the pedal, it may slip off, causing injury. Other reasons include the need to improve efficiency through push and pull.
Q. Does price matter when shopping for BMX shoes?
A. Just the same way you invested handsomely in your BMX, so should you for the shoes. However, note that a high price doesn’t necessarily mean high quality. Always look at the features that work best for you.
Q. What is the difference between BMX shoes and conventional sport shoes?
A. BMX shoes are specifically made to allow for efficient cycling. This may include additional features like more traction and non-slid properties. BMX shoes are also made from sturdy outer soles to withstand frequent and long-distance pedaling.
Getting the best BMX shoes is more than simply opting for any shoe branded ‘BMX shoes.’ Consider the various aspects specified in the guide for better judgment. Unlike regular sports and workout shoes, BMX shoes are made with stronger stitching, heavy-duty laces, and sturdy construction.
These may not be easy to come by, but with our guide, you are already a step ahead in your search. The shoes in this list have been made to withstand highly destructive activity, and you can rest assured of getting the best for your cycling endeavors. Get the BMX shoes and take your passion for cycling to a whole new level.