The sun is shining, the temperatures are rising, and you’re ready to hit the pickleball courts! You’ve gathered your balls and paddle, but don’t forget one of the essential items you need to play effectively – shoes! We’ve done the research and sought out the very best options for you.
Our winner for the #1 Best Pickleball Shoe of 2022 goes to New Balance Men’s mc806 Tennis Shoe. With their lightweight feel, supported torsion system, and reasonable cost, you can’t go wrong with this versatile shoe!
We’ll share with you all the information for choosing the best shoes for the court, and the details behind those choices. Get ready to find the right shoes to get your pickleball game with the best details and reviewed information to make an educated choice.
Best Pickleball Shoes
1. New Balance Men’s mc806 Tennis Shoe
The New Balance mc806 Tennis Shoe offers a simple look, but it delivers big to make it a great option as one of the top pickleball shoes. These shoes offer exemplary stability and support.
The New Balance design has a roll bar type infrastructure that gives you better control of your movements as you run or jump across the court.
The shoe is designed with a leather exterior for ultimate durability, as well as the rubber toe protector to reinforce that the area and add another layer of protection, preventing your toe from dragging and catching. The shoes have ultimate comfort insoles and midsoles.
New Balance is unique in that their shoe style is not made specifically for a sleek or modern design, but rather is made to fit the need of the shoe. This tennis shoe is designed for high impact use while also offering durability and comfort to your feet, and who doesn’t want that!
- Built to be both solid and stable for ultimate protection while you’re on the court
- The roll bar technology in the midsole gives you the best movement control to deliver the best game advantage
- These shoes are built to be durable and endure hard play on the pickleball court
- Comfort is above par with perfect cushioning and shock absorption
- Great for any court, inside or outside
- Not as stylish as some pickleball court options
- This shoe comes at a higher cost, but also provides the quality to justify the cost
- The shoe runs narrow and may require sizing up or breaking in for wider fit
This New Balance mc806 Tennis Shoe may not be the most eye-catching tennis shoe on the court, but it fulfills its purpose above and beyond with a durable and stable fit that will last and perform when you’re playing. These shoes are built to play hard and are a must-have for those intense pickleball matches.
Tips: For table tennis players, you may see our guide about table tennis shoes that affordable and more durable for a player.
2. ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 7 Tennis Shoe
ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 7 Tennis Shoes are designed and explicitly cushioned for a man’s foot. The upper shoe provides a form-fitting exterior while also giving the support that is needed when playing on the pickleball court.
These ASICS tennis shoes have a flexible outer material that is both durable and flexible so that you have that comfort and stability, but also a long-lasting shoe that won’t break down so easily with hard play. The tennis shoe is designed for comfort, support, and shock absorption.
These ASICS feature great support and a lightweight build without jeopardizing the durability and quality of the shoe. The midsoles sports extra cushioning and support while maintaining that lightweight feel.
The toes and heels have that extra shock absorption capacity, so you can play as hard as you need without the shock of the impact.
- ASICS built its brand around performance-driven products, and these shoes are designed for the best performance on the court while also built to last
- Durability to sustain the shoe, even on outdoor courts
- This shoe is designed specifically to mold to a male’s foot, and they have another version made specifically for women
- The heel has layers of memory foam, enabling you to have a form-fitting shoe as the memory foam forms directly to your feet
- Increased cushioning for shock absorption so you can jump, lunge, run, and stop without pain
- ASICS offers a 6-month outsole warranty in case the shoe wears out too fast
- The shoe tends to run narrow, so you may need to upsize or find a wide fit
- These are a bit higher on the cost scale but offer the quality to justify the cost
- The toe box does not provide a lot of extra room, making the shoe more uncomfortable if you prefer a wide toe area
The ASICS brand is built around delivering high-performance apparel and these Gel-Resolution 7 Tennis Shoes fit their standards. These ASICS offer the perfect blend of flexibility, comfort, stability, and shock absorption giving you the perfect mixture to play hard on any pickleball court!
They have a sleek, classy look and mold to your feet, so you have the perfect look and feel. These are a definite win for one of the best shoes to play pickleball in.
3. Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoe
This tennis shoe is built with rubber soles and removable insoles. The torsion system technology for the midsole gives the perfect support for that court lunging and moving while you play. The heel has built-in extra cushioning for the utmost comfort while you play.
The traction this shoe provides during play is some of the best traction on the market. You will be able to lunge for the ball and charge at the net, but also be able to put on your brakes and stop on a dime.
The Barricade Club is lightweight and true to size with great support and stability to protect you during even the most aggressive rallies.
- 3D Torsion system for the best stability
- Lightweight and breathable
- Great traction for starting and stopping on the court
- Adituff (Adidas trademark tough) toe to prevent toe dragging
- Extra heel cushioning for ultimate comfort
- True to size, take the guesswork out of ordering and sizing
- The eyelets on the laces wore out quickly, causing it to tear away from the shoe
- The gray areas on the shoe appear to discolor, which is purely cosmetic but may be a big factor when choosing your shoe
- You get what you pay for. This shoe comes at a more affordable price than some but may wear out faster than you intend
This shoe is perfect for indoor or outdoor pickleball play with combinations of support, traction, and toe protection. The Barricade Club Tennis shoe is sleek and trendy in design and a great option to hit the pickleball court in style and ready to play!
4. K-Swiss Women’s Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoe
The K-Swiss Women’s Hypercourt Express shoes are the best shoes for the indoor pickleball court. These shoes are made with a lightweight material that offers airflow and comfortable all-day type wear. This design was inspired by squash shoes, with adaptations to best perform on the court.
The upper portion of the shoe is made of a breathable mesh, with a TPU covering that is bonded to the mesh with heat and allows it to be flexible and conforming for the best comfort and stabilization. The shoe is perfectly cushioned to allow maximum movement on the court while also providing comfort.
Unlike some of the other shoes, this shoe is made with plenty of room in the toe box for ultimate toe comfort. It is not narrow and cramped to your toes while you run, jump, and lunge. The shoes work well indoor or outdoor, but for ultimate durability, they are the best indoor court shoes.
- A lightweight, airy shoe that provides comfortable long wear
- The mesh and TPU heat bonded covering provide airflow and stability in one design
- The shoe has great flexibility, allowing maximum movement on the court
- Plenty of toe room in the shoe, for extra comfort
- Multiple color options to fit your style
- These work well for indoor courts but wear out much more quickly if used on outdoor courts
- The shoe does not offer extra shock absorption padding
- The overall durability of the shoe is poor
This shoe does not disappoint in the overall comfort for the best pickleball shoes around. These are great for use on an indoor court and will last much longer if used indoors.
The design is made to offer the best foot control and movement while also providing overall comfort and stability. Overall, these K-Swiss Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoes are a great shoe, but most durable for indoor wear.
5. Adidas Performance Women’s Barricade Tennis Shoe
This Adidas women’s Barricade shoe is one of the most versatile options, making it the perfect pickleball shoe choice. Whether you’re playing on an indoor court or outdoor, the Women’s Barricade tennis shoe provides comfort, strength, and durability.
These tennis shoes are super soft and comfortable, sporting a breathable mesh that contours to your foot but also gives you the flexibility that you need for running back and forth across that pickleball court.
The midsoles boast extra cushion and support that leaves you feeling light and weightless as you lunge and jump for the ball. The toe bumper gives your toe the protection it needs to prevent dragging and injuries while you move around at speed. The traction of the shoe allows you to stop and start easily on any court.
- The Women’s Barricade is lightweight and breathable while also providing great support
- Versatile for indoor or outdoor play
- Extra midsole support for shock absorption and comfort for hard play
- Toe bumper that protects your toe area and helps with quick stops
- A durable and stylish shoe design that gives you what you need for pickleball, but also looks great!
- A flexible mesh build that allows flexible movement while also providing the necessary support
- The cloth eyelet around the laces can wear down and tear easily with moderate wear
- The sizing tends to run a bit narrow, so be sure to consider that if you have a wide foot build
- The toe area is not very shock absorbing. While the heel and middle offer support and shock absorption, landing or moving from your toes does not have the same level of comfort and shock support
The Adidas Women’s Barricade tennis shoes are a classic favorite on the pickleball court. They offer such a lightweight, flexible feel that you have comfort, but you also come prepared to play hard.
This shoe comes in a variety of color options, including bright vibrant colors. The breathable mesh gives your feet the air they need, but also conforms to your foot for the best comfort and support!
6. K-Swiss Men’s Bigshot Light Tennis Shoe
The K-Swiss Bigshot Light Tennis Shoe in Men’s offers a basic design that delivers well. These tennis shoes are designed for high-performance athletics, all while offering comfort and stability in a lightweight shoe.
This tennis shoe is 100% leather, with a rubber sole and a removable insole. The sleek design offers overall comfort for the hard play you might experience on a pickleball court. The heel’s padding absorbs shock, and the leather offers the stability that surpasses many other shoes on the market.
The shoes are affordable, and they do have a break-in period due to the leather material of the shoe. They may feel a bit stiff at first, but break them in, and they are well designed for runs, lunges, and jumps as you play your pickleball matches.
Despite the leather material of the shoe, these are a lightweight shoe with great traction and comfort.
- 100% leather providing a durable built shoe that will last
- Lightweight shoe, making mobilization on the court easy
- Great padding and comfort for running, lunging and jumping
- Extra stability in the shoe, thanks to the leather build
- These shoes offer a generous fit and work well for both wide and average feet
- A good lightweight feel, which is surprising when considering they are 100% leather
- These shoes do have a break-in period because of the leather
- Generous fit may be too wide for a narrow foot
- A bit more pricey than some options, but still an affordable rate
These K-Swiss Bigshot Light Tennis Shoes are surprisingly grand. They have a 100% leather make-up, which causes them to be a bit stiff at first, but also provides the ultimate stability and durability that is necessary for a pickleball shoe!
These shoes fit well and provide high-level comfort. The shoe is lightweight and a superior choice for pickleball play once you pass the break-in period.
7. Prince Women’s T22 Tennis Shoe
The T22 is extra durable, with wishbone shaped support in the midfoot area. This sporty tennis shoe adds ventilation to the classic T10 version from Prince. The midsole is specifically designed to absorb impact, making it perfect for that pickleball court lunging, jumping, and sudden stopping.
This shoe is soft and supportive, providing classic comfort while also setting you up in style for your pickleball games. These are great for indoor or outdoor play. The toe box of the shoe is made wide for comfort and shock absorption, making this shoe suitable, especially if you prefer a wider style toe area.
The T22 comes in multiple color varieties, from your basic white and silver classic colors to brighter combinations like a fuchsia and ocean blue mix. There are many color choices in between as well for whatever type of color you might prefer!
- Shock support midsole made to absorb impact for your lunges and jumps on the court
- Wide toe box area for stop control and no worry of cramping your toes
- Durable and supportive build to give you that lasting and supportive feel
- Multiple color options
- Added ventilation, keeping the foot cooler and more comfortable during play
- Deep, cushioned insole to increase the comfort level
- The shoe can run a bit small, so you might need to size up anywhere from ½ a size to a full size
- There is a slight break-in period for the shoe due to rubbing on the ankle area
- A durable shoe, but a bit on the heavy side, which takes some getting used to
The T22 has that extra toe space that leaves you comfortable and prepared. This shoe has multiple color options and a midfoot design that is made for that intense pickleball play.
Purchase your T22 ahead of your next match or play time and break them in a little to prevent that rubbing. Don’t jump on the court for a match until you’ve given these a try!
What to Look for Before Buying Pickleball Shoes
Everyone has different needs in a shoe, and it’s important to check out your options and figure out the best shoe for you. Pickleball is an intense, high-impact shoe and you need to consider how the sport affects your feet and how you specifically want your feet to feel in your pickleball shoes.
These shoe options give you a comprehensive look at the best pickleball shoes on the market, lancing out details about each shoe, as well as the pros and cons. Each shoe has unique specifications that make it a great shoe choice for the sport.
Some important factors that you should specifically seek out in your search for the best pickleball shoe are a comfort, cushioning, support, and durability.
When observing comfort, you should look for a shoe that you can wear for multiple pickleball matches and still have happy feet when you are finished. You want comfort for the moves on the court, but you also need to seek comfortable stability.
The cushion factor is very important in selecting your best pickleball shoe. The movements on the pickleball court are typically high-impact type moves, such as running, lunging, and jumping. The cushion should help absorb the shock of your movements and provide padding that doesn’t slide around on your foot.
You will want to make sure that your shoe has proper support. This is for the safety of your feet and your bones as you play. The support also reverts back to pickleball being a high-impact sport. You want to wear a shoe that will not leave you feeling a foot or ankle pain during or after play.
Check out our high quality ankle support shoes to avoid ankle pain for any outdoor or indoor activity.
Durability is another important factor to consider. Since pickleball can be intense, the sport can be very hard on your shoes. You should consider whether you will primarily play indoor or outdoor, as some shoes are better for one or the other.
You should expect to have to replace these shoes more often than a walking shoe, but you also want shoes that are made to last and won’t fall apart after a few matches.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why can’t I use running shoes for playing pickleball?
A. Running shoes are made for forwarding movement; however, pickleball tennis shoes are specifically designed for movements that are more likely to be made on the court. Pickleball contains a lot of side-to-side movement, as well as jumping.
Q. What type of padding should I look for most in pickleball shoes?
A. You want a shoe that has a lot of padding and support, specifically in the midsole. The cushioned midsole allows you to jump and lunge without so much shock to your knees and joints.
Q. How often should I expect to replace my pickleball shoes?
A. This could vary based on the quality of the shoe you purchase, but a good pair of pickleball shoes generally should last approximately 60 hours of play.
As you can see, choosing the right shoe for your pickleball play can be overwhelming. There are many shoes on the market and many different factors to consider. What works well for one pickleball player may not work as well for you.
This is why we have collected the top 7 shoes on the market, including both men’s and women’s options.
Every shoe has its own specific qualities, and you should definitely consider which of these will work best for your own needs. Selecting the right shoe is so important to continue enjoying pickleball while also ensuring your safety.
- Look at Affordable Basketball Shoes Under 50
- Top 7 Racquetball Shoes Review
- Top 7 Disc Golf Shoes
- Try Out Ultimate Frisbee Cleats
- Which Shoes Are Best for Badminton Court?