Raleigh Willard 1 Review
Last Updated on
Raleigh road bikes are well known for their speed and performance. Whether for the daily commute, fitness, road tripping, or mountain biking, these bikes are appropriate for people who love fun, adventure, and speed.
The RALEIGH Bikes Willard 1 Gravel Adventure Road Bike is the ultimate choice for those who are not afraid of new challenges. In terms of quality, speed, and performance, it is a strong contender when compared to other brands in the same price range.
To understand this bike in detail, and help you in your buying decision, have a look at our comprehensive review.
- Name: RALEIGH Bikes Willard 1 Gravel Adventure Road Bike
- Brand: RALEIGH
- Available Sizes: XS Size-5'-5'3", Small Size-5'3"-5'6", Medium Size-5'6"-5'9", Large Size-5'9"-6', XL Size-6'-6'4"
- Gender: Unisex
- Frame: Lightweight aluminum frame
- Fork: Aluminum Made
- Brakes: Tektrolyra mechanical disc brakes
- Gears: Shimano Claris 8 speed shifters with 16 gears
- Tires: Clement X'Plor USH 700x35c tires
- Drivetrain Body: Built with Aluminum cranks with Shimano Claris derailleurs
- Wheels: 28h Doublewall Raleigh Aluminum Built
- Cogset Material: 8-speed HG50 Shimano Claris, 11-32T
- Overall Weight: 24.4 lbs
- User Manual: Yes
The RALEIGH brand is globally praised for its quality. With this type of bike, you can get the most enjoyable experience on any road surface.
The best thing about this bike is that it will let you take control even on unpaved roads or other challenging terrains. Its lightweight aluminum frame ensures that you have a comfortable riding experience regardless of the road and weather conditions.
The Willard 1 bike has mechanical disc brakes, which is a bit disappointing. For a bike at this price range, we expected hydraulic brakes, at least. Overall, the brakes do perform well, and they are responsive.
Equipped with Shimano Claris 8 speed shifters, the Willard 1 gives you 16 gears to choose from. It has 700x35c tires, too, that are wide enough to ensure stability.
Specification wise, this bike has no significant shortcomings. However, the price range is relatively high, given its features. For a bike that costs between $800-$1000, it should have other unmatched features. Getting only 16 gears for that price, for example, is inadequate.
Willard 1 Gravel is the perfect combination of style, quality, convenience, and flexibility. It comes in a range of sizes to ensure you get the best fit for your height and make your ride comfortable and enjoyable.
The slim and sleek design of this bike adds a classic yet premium look to it. The main setback of this model, however, is that it comes in black only.
The solid build quality of this bike will enable you to take control of the unit even in challenging terrains.
The frame is built of lightweight aluminum that ensures ease of use. There are other super lightweight bikes in the market as well that you can compare it with.
You can also have a glance at some other super lightweight bikes so that you may make a well-informed decision.
Equipped with Tektrolyra mechanical disc brakes, the Willard 1 Gravel provides you an excellent braking experience. You are assured of topnotch performance in case of emergencies and even in unfavorable weather conditions.
This RALEIGH bike features Shimano Claris 8 speed shifters with 16 gears that are easy to operate. The gears help you deal with a wide range of challenging situations on the road. Changing gears while you’re on the move is very easy and fast, too.
The drivetrain of this bike transfers power efficiently to the wheels. It lets you pedal without straining your legs.
The wheels of this Willard 1 Gravel Adventure are made of aluminum built 28h double wall, which aims to enhance the efficiency, functionality, and safety of the bike while you are riding it.
Easy to Assemble
The bike is 85% assembled when you buy it. The remaining 15% assembly has to be done by you. It may take at least 30 minutes to complete the entire procedure. If you want to avoid getting stressed by the assembly, you can take it to a bike professional.
Whom is This Bike Made for?
This bike is for anyone who needs a bicycle for fun, commuting, road-tripping, or the occasional off-road biking.
Below are some of the notable advantages of this bike:
While we didn’t find any serious concern about this bicycle, it does have its disadvantages:
If you want to stay ahead of the game, think about the RALEIGH Bikes Willard 1 Gravel Adventure Road Bike. It meets all the requirements of an ideal road bike. It can be pricey given its features, but it is still ahead of other bikes that cost less than $1000.