The arrival of the Industrial Age many decades ago undoubtedly signaled the entrance of women into factory jobs, tasks hitherto reserved for men with strong biceps and agility.
Like helmets, reflective jackets, and fireproof garments, the race, among shoe manufacturers, to produce the very best female work boot has been fierce over the years.
With hundreds of brands and thousands of designs littering the market, it has become increasingly difficult to know which is ideal for the everyday work woman.
That’s exactly what this article aims to resolve; to help you whittle down the list to the Top 5 Best Work Boots for women in 2022. This list consists of the very best in terms of pricing, quality, standards, safety, durability, and comfort.
It is, as you would come to find out, the ultimate list!
Brands may woo you, designs may mesmerize you, and price may even confound you; but with the ultimate guide below leading the way, you’ll know which best suits your needs.
Best Work Boots for Women
1. Skechers For Work Women’s Workshire Peril Steel Toe Boot
Skechers is well known for its comfortable walking shoes. When it comes to being your feet all day on concrete or walking around the city for sightseeing, Skechers is the brand to go.
Since they have entered the work boot industry, they are starting to get a reputation, too, for having work boots that provide utmost comfort and protection to women’s feet. Their Skechers for Work Women’s Workshire Peril Steel Toe Boot is actually considered the best work boots for women.
It is a tough, lace-up boot that provides a roomier fit and its signature Memory Foam cushioning. It has side and heel leather overlays to improve its stability. Its padded tongue and collar ensure additional comfort, while its steel safety toe meets ASTM and EH standards. To know more about steel toes and the best steel toe shoes for workers and first responders, read our recommendations here.
This Skechers work boots for women is also oil-resistant and has excellent traction. It was designed to cope with the harshest conditions while offering a high level of protection to your feet at all times. The upper part is made using specialist leather so are very durable.
Each pair is relatively wide and provides a little more room for your feet. This in turn offers a much higher level of comfort when being worn.
- Steel safety toe that meets ASTM standards
- Meets Electrical Hazard (EH) standards
- Buffalo crazy horse leather upper
- Relaxed Fit design means more room inside the boot
- Removable gel-infused footbed
- Oil-resistant outsole
- Lug pattern on the outsole
- Sturdy metal eyelets
- It has a steel safety toe that meets ASTM and EH standards.Memory Foam helps to improve comfort within the boot.
- The Relaxed Fit makes for a more comfortable fit.
- This boot has a removable gel-infused footbed that makes your feet feel good.
- The shock-absorbing midsole is perfect for long days on your feet.
- It is not as bulky as other boots, so it doesn’t cause a lot of foot fatigue.
- Leather feels a little stiff for a while.
- It doesn’t offer any support to the arched part of the foot.
- For some people, the memory foam inside maybe a little thin in the ball area.
- Boot runs big, so you may have to buy a size smaller than your usual size.
- The level of slip resistance is not as good as stated.
With their work boots for women, Skechers has proven that they are more than just a pretty pair of shoes, they can protect women’s feet in hazardous industries, too, while still keeping their reputation for comfort and style.
2. Timberland PRO Women’s Titan Waterproof Boot
Finding suitable women’s work boots can prove difficult, but these boots from Timberland are definitely worth checking out.
The good quality, waterproof soft full grain leather used means you don’t have to spend time on breaking them in. You can start wearing them as soon as you take them out of the box. It’s so comfortable you can use them for hours without getting tired. This is a huge benefit if you spend long periods of time moving around in your job.
You will also appreciate how little these boots weigh. In fact, these are some of the lightest work boots available. Worried about your feet sweating or getting wet? Don’t be. These boots have a mesh comfort lining that keeps your feet dry all day.
It has an ASTM rated TiTAN alloy safety toe cap, too, to protect your feet from dropping objects or any falling debris while you’re on the job. It is also resistant to electrical hazards (EH), and its outsole is slip-, oil-, and abrasion-resistant.
- Waterproof soft full grain leather upper
- TiTAN alloy safety toe
- Speed lacing hardware
- Mesh comfort lining
- Electrical Hazard (EH) protection
- Oil, abrasion, and slip-resistant rubber soles
- It will keep your feet dry and comfortable all day.
- Available in wide fittings.
- These boots provide plenty of support to the arches of the feet.
- Breaking them in takes a short time.
- The inner lining ensures that feet have plenty of cushioning.
- It is light for a pair of work boots with an alloy safety toe.
- The shoelaces are too short, so best to purchase a longer pair.
- You may need to go up half a size to get a pair that will fit well.
- The padded collar may cause some slight bruising around the ankle area.
- The leather used seems somewhat thin.
If you are on your feet the whole day, in all kinds of weather, it is best to get these Timberland PRO Women’s Titan Waterproof Boots. Timberland boots are known for their functionality and dependability and offer high quality work boots that provide all the comfort and protection your feet need.
3. KEEN Utility Women’s Detroit Mid Steel Toe Work Boot
KEEN footwear is known for its quality hiking shoes such as the ones described in our favorite’s list here. They have brought their expertise as well as producing women’s work boots.
Their KEEN Utility Women’s Detroit Steel-Toe Work Boots, for example, is very light, and in fact, it’s hiker-inspired, so you can wear them the whole day at work without getting tired.
It has an asymmetrical steel toe for safety and the waterproof nubuck leather uppers keep your feet dry even in inclement weather. It has Dri-Lex linings inside the shoe as well to make sure your feet don’t get sweaty.
It also provides additional comfort through the removable EVA footbeds and midsoles. Best of all, it meets ANSI standards for electrical hazards, making it invaluable at work.
- A dry breathable membrane that is combined with waterproof Nubuck leather
- Dri-Lex lining wicks away moisture
- Removable dual-density EVA footbeds
- Compression-molded EVA midsoles
- Flexible and supportive shanks
- Non-marking oil- and slip-resistant rubber outsoles
- Meets ANSI standards for protection from electrical hazards
- Non-metallic hooks/eyelets
- Sole of boot directly attached to upper part using chemical bonding
- Its asymmetrical steel toes provide maximum protection.
- This boot looks more stylish than most women’s work boots.
- It feels comfortable from day 1 and barely needs to be broken in.
- A great deal of traction and is slip- and oil-resistant.
- It offers really good support to the arches of the feet.
- The cushion in the insoles make it very comfortable.
- It is lighter than most women’s work boots.
- The toe box is roomy from side to side, but there is not enough room when you try to lift toes straight up.
- The padding around the ankle area can cause some discomfort as it may rub against this part of the leg.
- The laces are somewhat flimsy and can cause them to come undone easily.
When it comes to women’s work boots that are more like hiking boots in weight and comfort level but provide maximum protection to the feet, this KEEN Utility work boot is all you will ever need.
4. Wolverine Women’s Floodhand Waterproof 6” Soft Toe Work Boot
An iconic name in the footwear industry, Wolverine continues to provide high-quality footwear.
Their Wolverine Women’s Floodhand Waterproof 6″ Soft Toe Work Boot is made of 100% full-grain leather that’s waterproof and guaranteed to keep your feet dry throughout the day.
It has a removable footbed and rubber midsole, too, that is fully cushioned and meant to absorb shocks, giving your feet all the support that they need.
Its rubber outsole is slip-resistant, reducing risks of slipping and injuring yourself at work. It is also oil-, water-, and abrasion-resistant to provide more protection. These make it a good option for mechanics, electricians and those working closely with machines in the mining and manufacturing industries.
These Wolverine boots are guaranteed to withstand the most stringent demands you may face at work. They are certainly one of the best work boots for women at their price point.
Wolverine has also manufactured high-quality and sturdy work boots, such as the ones mentioned in our article here.
- Waterproof full grain leather upper
- Padded tongue and collar
- Sturdy metal eyelets
- Mesh lining that is able to wick away moisture
- Full-cushioned footbed
- Sturdy cement construction
- It is lightweight which means less fatigue for your feet.
- The materials used make these boots durable.
- Its mesh lining keeps feet dry inside the boots.
- Soft and comfortable from the moment you begin wearing them.
- It has plenty of space in the toe box that provides room for your toes to wiggle.
- Waterproof leather upper keeps feet dry.
- It is slip-, oil-, and abrasion-resistant to provide the utmost support at work.
- You may find it hard to get foot past the ankle section of the boot.
- The angle between the shaft of the boot and footbed is quite narrow.
- You may have to wear thick socks to help the fit better.
- It can cause some irritation to the ankle area when being broken in.
- Soft toe cap does not provide protection from falling objects.
At its price point, the Wolverine Women’s Floodhand Waterproof 6” Soft Toe Work Boot is a good buy, given its durability, comfort, and protection.
5. Avenger Women’s 7125 Leather Waterproof EH Slip Resistant Steel Toe Boot
Avenger has made this work boot specifically for women.
It’s made of full grain leather using a direct attach and waterproof membrane construction. It has a steel toe cap to provide utmost protection from falling objects at work, and an oil- and slip-resistant outsole that keeps you from slipping and sliding on the job.
It meets ASTM standards for electrical hazards, too, which protects you from dangers from open circuits.
This Avenger Women’s 7125 Leather Waterproof EH Slip Resistant Steel Toe Boot is definitely something you should expect from a company that specializes in making safety boots for women.
- Full grain leather upper with a waterproof membrane applied
- Steel Safety toe cap that exceeds ASTM F2413-11 Impact and Compression Ratings
- EH Ratings
- Fitted with a removable double cushion footbed
- Slip- and oil-resistant outer rubber sole
- These boots aren’t just waterproof but mud proof and EH resistant as well.
- It is suitable for wearing in the most rugged conditions.
- It fits right and only needs a short time to be broken in.
- Price is very attractive given the number of features it has.
- It isn’t heavy.
- It dries out quickly.
- You may need to add a second pair of insoles to make standing for long periods of time more comfortable.
- It looks and feels kind of clunky, but then again, it is a work boot.
- Sometimes the stitching may come undone.
With its advanced manufacturing techniques combined with traditional styling and quality materials, Avenger provides safety footwear for women that are durable, affordable, and reliable.
6. Timberland Women’s 6” Premium Boot
Timberland makes high-quality boots for both men and women. What sets this Timberland Women’s 6″ Premium Boot apart, however, is its rugged style that would look good in a variety of outfit and the wide range of colors you can choose from.
These boots are made of premium waterproof nubuck leather using direct-attach, seam-sealed construction to maximize durability. It has a padded collar and footbed as well for additional comfort. The laces are made with Taslan fibers, and the hardware is rust-proof.
These women’s boots can be worn all day, every day without causing foot fatigue because of the anti-fatigue technology built into the midsole. Its lugged outsole improves traction and prevents slipping.
- Premium waterproof leather upper
- Rustproof Hardware
- 200g of PrimaLoft Insulation included
- Heavily padded collar
- Anti-fatigue midsole and removable footbed
- Rubber lugged outsole
- Waterproof leather keeps feet from getting wet even in inclement weather.
- Direct-attach construction and leather lining improve durability.
- No pain or discomfort will be felt when wearing them because of the anti-fatigue technology used.
- It would look great with a wide variety of outfits.
- It can keep feet snug and warm even when temperatures are below freezing.
- The rubber sole provides great traction even on rough terrain.
- The steel shank provides additional arch support.
- Boots run large, so you may need to choose a half size smaller than your usual shoe size.
- The collar can cause some irritation around the ankle because they are high.
- It may take time to lace up and undo.
- Some customers had problems with defective boots or wrong boot size delivered.
When it comes to style, fit, and performance, these Timberland women’s boots are definitely one of the best to have.
When it comes to work boots, then durability should not be neglected. Proper durable work boots will last-long and provide excellent support to your feet.
So, there you have it; the best work boots for women must be oil and weatherproof yet light, it must be comfortable yet sturdy, and it must be affordable while also very durable.
Struggling to bring the bacon home must never be compromised at the altar of cheap work boots, instead, like you must have found out in the review above, a balance between design, functionality, and sturdiness is crucial for your consideration before opening your purse.
After hundreds of reviews and feedback from past users, you can rest assured that your ideal work boot is listed here among the very best in the category.
- Top 5 Perfect Boots for Welding Workers
- Try Out the Top Pull on Work Boots in the Market
- The 7 Best Rubber Work Boots of 2022
- The 10 Best Insoles for Work Boots of 2022
- Construction Personal Protective Equipment for the Female Workforce, CPWR (Center for Construction Research and Training).
- Ill-fitting PPE Hurts Women and Construction, Laborers’ Health & Safety Fund of North America.
- ASTM Standards and Publications, American Society for Testing and Materials.