Have you ever slipped off an Elliptical while walking or jogging on it; do you know that your fall could have been averted if you were putting on the right pair of shoes?
That’s right; many people have sustained serious injuries because they failed to give the due respect this low-impact machine deserves.
They trample and ride on it with the wrong shoes – and pay for it dearly!
Don’t worry; we’ll assist you in finding the appropriate pair that is guaranteed to help you avoid such potentially catastrophic falls.
Thanks to our intensive research that is all-encompassing, we have put together a list of the 7 Best Shoes for Elliptical in 2021.
As far as most exercise buffs are concerned, the ASICS Mens Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe is a real winner’s choice considering its unique features and ability to support all parts of the feet and leg.
Perhaps you’ll like to have other alternatives to consider; we’ve got you covered.
There are 6 other brands worth considering as top picks, which can equally keep you balanced on the elliptical machine.
Best Shoes for Elliptical
1. ASICS Mens Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe
This multi-color range of running shoes is beneficial on the elliptical machine because it has features that will keep you comfortable while working your upper or lower body.
Its cushioned insole and padded ankle collar give the support required to reduce pressure on joints in the body.
The use of a trail-specific outsole allows for the right amount of traction to maintain balance and stability on the elliptical.
With the extra reinforcements attached to the sides of the shoe and its supportive heel collar, your feet, arch and, the ankle will be well protected.
- Lace-up fastening
- Synthetic materials
- Breathable mesh upper
- Padded ankle collar
- Cushioned insole
- EVA midsole
- Removable sock liner
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning
- Rubber sole
- Use of rearfoot gel cushioning to absorb shock from impact
- ASICS High Abrasion Rubber aids optimal durability
- It has a sock liner that is removable so you can add extra orthotics for your desired fit
- Use of reverse lug which makes uphill and downhill traction possible
- Available in different colors to match your outfit
- The gel cushioning is too firm
- Less grippy outsole
Designed with an incredible aesthetic look, the ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe is an excellent pair for elliptical machines and other outdoor encounters since it is a versatile sneaker.
No wonder it is among the best shoes elliptical machine bunnies prefer, given that it is supportive and durable.
2. PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’s FM Shoe
With a sleek, streamlined silhouette look, this pair stands out among the selection.
It is one of the very best sneakers for elliptical training that women simply love.
The superb comfort and fit ladies enjoy are attributed to the synthetic leather used for the upper and midfoot saddle.
The use of EVA technology in the midsole helps in absorbing the shock of impact on joints since the elliptical takes pressure away from ankles, hips, and knees.
This feature makes it unique and desirable for middle-aged women.
Puma is a global brand known for infusing fashion, lifestyle, and sport to makes its users distinct from every other person in the gym.
If you want to run with Puma, then you might take a look at excellent running shoes from Puma.
- 100% synthetic leather
- Rubber sole
- Cushioned midsole
- TPU shank
- Lace closure
- Breathable EcoOrthoLite sock liner
- T-toe construction
- Use of padded tongue and collar to give support to the arch and ankle
- Cushioned midsole provides the support needed for low and high impact activities
- Breathable sock liner to boost aeration and prevent sweating
- It is lightweight, supportive, and long-lasting because it is of high-quality materials
- Lace-up closure provides a snug and comfortable fit
- A different mix of colors available to suit your mood
- EVA heel pod offers the cushioning for absorbing shock during a high impact session
- Stability and balance with the use of TPU shank
- More suitable for narrow feet
- Insufficient ventilation
- Stiff cushioning
- Narrow toe box
You can identify an original PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’s FM Cross-Trainer Shoe with the logo at the tongue area and formstrip by the lateral and medial side.
Its excellent qualities and durability qualities mean you get value for money spent because it looks more expensive than its price.
3. NIKE Women’s Revolution 3 Running Shoe
A simple, appealing, and minimal design ensures that you are comfortable, whether walking or running on a cardio-vascular machine.
The use of a breathable mesh upper allows your feet to stay cool and dry to avoid friction, which may lead to falls caused by sweating on the elliptical.
Excellent cushioning in the heel region enables you to spend hours exercising without worrying about heel or back pains .
If you have a wide foot, you will find it a favorite since it has a spacious toe box that will serve to keep you comfortable.
- Synthetic mesh Upper
- Soft foam midsole
- Rubber sole
- Underlay in vamp and toe tip
- Deep flex groove
- Regular lacing style
- Wide toe box
- Rubber outsole has a deep flex groove which makes it flexible and provides the right traction
- Firm, responsive cushioning in the midsole for support
- Mesh panel in the upper region promotes air circulation
- Padded tongue and heel to protect the ankle and keep you comfortable
- Reinforced materials in the upper to make it durable
- Light midsole cushioning keeps it light on the feet
- Wide toe box keeps your toes cozy and provides the fit you desire
- Available in different colors to match your workout outfit
- No arch support
If you are neutral footed, you will find NIKE Women’s Revolution 3 Running Shoe comfortable, given its secured, sock-like, and snug fit keeping your feet stable all day long.
It may not be well cushioned, but the phylon midsole will give you protection against shock.
Overall, it is a great pair to own.
From our press: The 7 Best Shoes for Treadmill Walking of 2021
4. New Balance Men’s MX517v1 Training Shoe
If you want durability and comfort in a pair of shoes that will serve you for elliptical workouts, New Balance training shoe comes highly recommended for an elliptical trainer, thanks to its no-fuss fit and aesthetic look.
The brand also has history on its side, having been around since 1928.
Best of all, it comes with an absorb cushioning and NB memory sole comfort insert that keeps you comfortable during your workout session.
- Leather/mesh upper
- 100% textile
- Breathable upper
- Padded collar and tongue
- IMEVA midsole
- Energizing Ndurance design
- Memory foam insole
- Absorb heel and cushioning
- Rubber sole
- Wide toe box
- Fabric lining
- Lace-up closure
- Absorb cushioning keeps the feet comfortable and stable
- Suitable as a cross-training shoe for footers
- Padded collar and tongue support the arch and ankle
- Space for Orthotics for extra support is possible
- The extra-wide option allows you to wear socks with it
- Breathable mesh upper aids ventilation during the warm season
- The rubber sole offers the right amount of grip on the workout machine
- Available in three variants of colors
- Good value at a great price
- Thin insole
- Poor traction
With a lace-up closure, you can adjust it to your fit and comfort level during a workout, so you don’t slip on your feet.
New Balance Men’s MX517v1 Training Shoe is a versatile cross-training shoe that will serve you for cardio-vascular activities, and you can put it on as you go about your daily routines.
5. Reebok Women’s Ros Workout Tr 2-0 Shoe
Are you in need of a functional fitness cross-trainer shoe?
Look no further than this design from a forerunner in the sports shoemaking industry, a brand that has been around since the 1890s.
The anatomical shape of the Reebok Ros cradles the feet, which makes it flex and move well to promote balance.
There is an underfoot cushion that controls impact during an intense workout.
Its stylish look and color will appeal to a fashionista who wants the shoes for elliptical, a pair that is sturdy and flexible in one package.
- 100% synthetic
- Asymmetrical lacing
- Anatomical shape
- Multi-surface rubber outsole
- Rubber sole
- 4.5 MM drop
- IMEVA midsole
- The sole is well balanced for sturdiness and flexibility
- The rubber outsole has excellent grip and traction owing to the design
- Lightweight and synthetic upper promotes breathability and keep the feet dry and odor-less
- IMEVA midsole absorbs shock from impact
- A well-cushioned footbed to guarantee secured fit and comfortability
- Upper overlays and lace-up closure allows for an adjustable fit which boosts mobility, stability, and support
- Flex groove at the forefront enables you to move in any direction
- Low-quality insole
- Not suitable for long-term running
Depending on the feel you want to achieve during your workout session, Reebok Women’s Ros Workout Tr 2-0 Cross-Trainer Shoe is flat enough for lifts and high enough for running.
With its lightweight, durable, and flexible features, it will serve you well during the session.
It is an excellent sneaker with the right support and comfort, even if you have high arches and wide feet.
6. Adidas Men’s Alphabounce Beyond 2 Shoe
Alphabounce is a leader among the adaptive designs churned out by Adidas.
It is proudly one of the best high-performance running shoes from Adidas.
The designers adopted the Aramis motion capture technology that measures the mechanism of movement of athletes, a new technology that sets this pair apart from the rest.
An outstanding feature is the redesigned mesh that gives it a lockdown feel for moving in any direction.
Whether for sportspeople or ordinary moms at home, this pair is simply fantastic.
- 100% textile
- Lace-up closure
- Rubber sole
- Forged mesh upper
- Rear pull-tab
- Padded tongue and collar
- Rubber outsole
- Smooth textile lining
- Round toe
- Ortholite padded footbed
- Adjustable and snug fit with lace-up closure
- Easy to put on and off with rear pull-tab
- The lateral and linear movement is made possible, thanks to the forged mesh upper that has reinforcement in strategic areas
- Enhanced flexibility and comfort through bounced cushioning
- Use of continental rubber outsole for excellent traction in dry and wet terrain
- Available in 6 ranges of colors
- Stylish and multi-functional sneakers at a great price
- Suitable for people with wide feet, Pronation, and Tendonitis
- Not enough arch support
- Not enough cushioning in the midsole
With a bouncy midsole that is wide at the heel and forefoot, Adidas Men’s Alphabounce Beyond 2 Running Shoe can offer you a stable platform that keeps you safe from falls.
It is durable enough for an intense session on the elliptical with the level of support it offers, which makes it one of the best sneakers for elliptical training.
7. Reebok Men’s Print Run Prime Ultk Shoe
From the stables of Reebok comes this well-designed running shoe with enhanced features for men, women, and children.
A lightweight ultra-knit upper, super comfort and support, style, and unmatchable aeration combine to make it a top-class pair of exercise shoes.
The use of 3D foam for dual-density construction and cushioning keeps you supported, active, and balanced on your feet while on the elliptical.
- 100% synthetic
- Low cut design
- Seamless ultra-knit upper
- Antimicrobial sock liner
- Carbon rubber rim in toe and heel
- Outsole nodes
- Full height midsole
- Rubber sole
- Full height midsole gives proper cushioning and support
- Use of antimicrobial sock liner keeps bacteria that can cause odor away
- Lightweight ultra-knit upper allows for aeration and flexibility
- Versatile running shoes for indoor and outdoor activities
- True to size with a snug fit
- Spacious toe box for movement and flexibility
- Right instep and support for high arches
- The rubber soles offer the right amount of grip, traction, stability, and sturdiness owing to the carbon rubber rim in heel and toe
- An attractive design in different colors
- Thin insert
- Rigid outsole
With such high-tech construction, reliability, and efficiency, Reebok Men’s Print Run Prime Ultk Shoe has what it takes to be among the best shoes for elliptical machine workouts.
While it may not offer much on arch support, there are inserts that you can add to get comfortable and keep your heels in great shape.
The low price makes it affordable for everyone interested in losing some weight through cardio exercises.
Consideration Before Buying Shoes for Elliptical
Like every other form of exercise, the right footwear that offers stability and support must be well cushioned to keep you safe, balance, and also absorb shock from impact.
With elliptical machines, it is also vital to avoid damaging your muscles and joints from direct shock absorption.
The right cushioning will allow you to have a pain-free session since there won’t be stress on the pressure points, especially the balls of your feet.
It will also offer protection to the arch and ankle, which can be prone to injury when you are not stable on the machine.
Orthotic insoles will balance up the cushioning in your choice of sneakers; so, think about having such in the pair your finally choose.
A flexible and lightweight shoe that allows for free movement in any direction is ideal for the elliptical.
To remain comfortable during your workout routines, opt for shoes that allow your toes to flex while on the elliptical pedals.
A comfortable sneaker will offer the right arch support, stability, and balance, so you do not lose your grip and injure yourself.
The right size and snug fit are essential, so your feet do not slip and slide around your shoe.
Although training on the elliptical machine is easy on the joints and knees, you still need to put on footwear that gives support to the ankle and feet.
The elliptical shoes are low-top with a wide platform that offers sturdiness and stability, so you don’t end up with a broken ankle or suffer from back pains.
Having a full height and firm cushioned midsole will provide support to your arch to keep you going for hours on the trainer.
The Best elliptical shoe must have enough padding to absorb impact and protect the feet, knees, and legs from tiredness.
Which is why the shoe must be flexible enough to allow an even absorption of the shock impact.
This is necessary to prevent damage to joints and ligaments of the feet after absorbing too much shock.
The bottom line: you must get all-round comfort during your session.
Both the outer and inner materials must be well ventilated to boost airflow around the feet.
This will help to keep off the moisture that can lead to bad smells and bacteria build-up, etc.
The outer material should be manufactured from mesh materials or have air pores to keep the feet dry, cool, and friction-free.
The inserts should also be made from a mesh lining.
The best shoes for elliptical must be breathable to enable you to spend more time on the machine without feeling discomfort in your feet.
Also, the sneakers must be lightweight and flexible enough to ease your movement.
To get the best out of your elliptical shoes, choose those that are made from high-quality materials that can withstand the intensity of your workout, whether low or high.
This can be pure leather, synthetic leather, mesh, or textile.
Such materials guarantee that the shoe is flexible, lightweight, and easy to break-in.
The outsole and midsole should, likewise, be durable to serve you well.
In essence, the longevity is a function of the brand, material used, and what you use it for.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Why do you need special shoes for elliptical training?
A. Elliptical training involves performing different types of exercises on the motion.
It is crucial to have the proper footwear to achieve your goals of burning calories or keeping fit without hurting the feet, ankle, knee, and back.
It is only the right elliptical shoe that will keep you balanced on your feet since it has the proper traction and grip.
You will be safe when going on and getting off the elliptical without fear of falling off.
Q. What type of shoes are elliptical shoes?
A. Running shoes and Cross-trainers will serve you for elliptical since they are designed for workouts in the first place.
They have the right stability and support required when on a machine that is on the motion.
Even though running shoes will propel you forward, which is what an elliptical trainer depicts, they are flexible, light, and used on flat surfaces such as the even-tread pedals of the elliptical.
Cross-trainers have wide platforms that will keep your ankle and feet stable and works best for low-impact elliptical.
If you also consider running on a treadmill in the gym, then here is a full discussion of excellent running shoes for a treadmill that might help you.
Q. How flexible should your elliptical shoes be?
A. Flexibility in an elliptical shoe is critical to help keep your feet safe. This is crucial because you will then be able to flex your toes as you desire when using the elliptical pedals.
A flexible pair of shoes keep your feet supported and comfortable since they are made with arch support and designed for balance.
Q. How often can elliptical shoes get replaced?
A. To have a healthy foot, it is advisable to replace your sneakers the moment you notice they no longer offer the support and protection your feet need to be free from pain.
You should consider the when, where, and what you do with your shoes to know when it needs a change.
This replacement should happen every six months or once in a year depending on the quality of the shoe, and the intensity of your workout sessions or how many pairs you own and use to interchange one another.
Q. Is a low or high cut design the best option?
A. For elliptical training, the low-cut design is preferable because it makes the ankle comfortable.
This option also boosts ventilation and prevents the build-up of moisture, keeping the feet dry and cool.
For a person that prefers to use an elliptical machine at the gym to keep fit, it is vital to own the right pair of shoes.
It is necessary for a whole lot of reasons which we have explained above.
Finding the best sneakers for elliptical training should be easy for you from now on, considering that their features are all highlighted, ranging from brands to style, design, and more.
You should get value for the time spent on an elliptical trainer without worrying about challenges to your body since the essence of the exercise routine is to have a healthy body and mind.
Providing this free review about elliptical shoes is aimed at helping you on your journey to fitness since you now have all the info required to pick a pair whenever you want, whether online or offline.
There you have it; to get the best out of the elliptical machine, select any of the options among the best shoes for the elliptical trainer outlined above, and you’ll be glad you followed our recommendations.